FAQs > FAQs
Below is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. Please follow the links below to be taken directly to the answer.
- How do I become a Social Worker?
- Can the AASW help me find a job?
- How much should I charge as a private practitioner?
- I am concerned about a Social Worker’s practice – can I get some assistance and/or make a complaint through the AASW?
- I am a trainer/continuing development provider – can I get my course endorsed by the AASW?
- How do I become an accredited member?
- Does the AASW need to endorse/approve trainings before I can count them towards my CPD?
- How many points do I accrue if I attend an AASW run CPD event?
- What is an ‘appellated’ event?
- Is it difficult to accrue the required points?
- How can I accrue points in each of the categories?
- Can I access the Ethics Consultation Service?
- Do Social Workers have a legal and / or ethical obligation to report suspected child abuse?
- Are there any guidelines on how to write a Court Report?
- Up to what age do I need to attain parental consent when working with young clients?
- What are my ethical and legal responsibilities when responding to a subpoena or summons?
- Are there any particular ethical and practice guidelines around writing case notes?
- Which Code of Ethics applies to Australian social workers who practice overseas?
- Get the answers
- How do I become an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker?
- How do I become a Pregnancy Support Counsellor?
- Am I eligible for membership of the AASW?
- How much does it cost to be a member?
- How do I get my international qualification/s assessed?