AASW Elections: Nominations close on 10th August
Nominations from Financial or Life Members of the Association for the 2012 AASW elections close on Friday 10th August.
Click here to log in and find out more about the elections.
2012 Elections - Positions Vacant
- One (1) National Vice President
- Three (3) National Directors
- One (1) Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander National Director
- Nine (9) Branch Management Committee Presidents
- Branch Management Committee Members (variable)
To nominate, please read the Nomination Instructions . Candidates must complete and return the Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon AEST Friday 10th August.
Key Election Dates
- Nominations Open - Monday, 23 July 2012
- Nominations Close - 12noon (AEST) Friday, 10 August 2012
- Voting Opens (via distribution of the Special Election Edition of the National Bulletin) - Thursday, 13 Sept. 2012
- Voting Closes - 4pm (AEST) Thursday, 11 October 2012
- Notification of Results on AASW website - Wednesday, 17 October 2012
Important: Check we have your correct details for postal voting
This year, our elections will be held by postal vote only. The Special Election edition of the National Bulletin, including ballot papers, will be distributed to members at the address listed in their membership records. It is important that you check your postal address is correct before 31st August 2012. Log in to your member account to check/update your postal address, and you can now also add your preferred name for our records as well as a second email address if you wish. If you have any questions, please contact our membership team on 1800 630 124.
Renew your membership by 31st August to be eligible to vote.
To be eligible to vote, nominate and be nominated as a candidate you must be a current financial member. If you have not yet renewed your membership for 2012-13, you must do so before 31st August 2012. Please log in and do so or call the Membership team on 1800 630 124.