Opportunities for research participation
Opportunities to advertise research with the AASW
The AASW National Research Committee; as part of its commitment to promote and encourage social workers’ involvement in research; reviews and approves various research projects to be advertised to members. Both conducting and participating in research are considered to be key professional development activities and can be counted towards your annual CPD. If you participate in any of the research activities listed below, you can record this as a Category 3 activity (Professional Identity) in your online CPD record.
Current research projects
- Social Workers and Big Data: Let’s talk about it
- Translation of recovery-oriented social work practice in child and youth mental health
- Social Worker Well-being: Vicarious Trauma and Vicarious Posttraumatic Growth in Social Workers from Diverse Cultural Backgrounds in Australia
- School social workers: Working with youth suicide in Australian secondary schools
- Survey: Australian dietitians and social workers household food insecurity knowledge and practice: a cross-sectional survey informed by the COM-B framework
- Mental health practitioners’ knowledge, perceptions, and attitudes toward suicide, self-harm, and online suicide prevention
- Addressing cognitive changes in stroke survivors: An Australian healthcare perspective
- Social work and electoral politics: what are the key factors that lead Australian social workers to participate as candidates at local, state or federal government level?
- A formative evaluation of a peer-facilitated, online, perinatal education and support program for first-time Australian fathers referred through primary health care providers