AASW ACT is an active Branch with over 400 members that is managed by a voluntary Branch Management Committee (BMC) elected by the membership, and staffed part-time. Find out who we are, what we do, and how to become involved.
Please join the ACT Branch Management Committee (BMC) for our Annual Members' Meeting, where we will reflect on the past 12 months and discuss the priorities for the future.
Branch Management Committee Nominations will be called from the floor for vacancies on the Branch Management Committee if these positions are not filled prior to the Annual Members' Meeting. There are some ACT Branch Committee vacancies - please refer below for further details.
All members are invited to attend and vote. Please fill the nomination form attached after the Event Details as seen on this page and email the completed nomination form to Branch Services Coordinator: email@example.com
Register by midday on Thursday 4th November 2021.
Please ensure you log in before registering as this is a MEMBERS ONLY event.
Date: Saturday 6 Nov 2021
Time: 3.00pm - 5:00pm (AMM formalities at the beginning est. 3:00pm to 3:45pm followed by a social networking event* est. from 3:45pm to 5:00pm)
Location: Online Zoom Meeting (link upon registration)
*After the ACT Annual Members Meeting, the ACT Branch will commemorate the achievements over the many years and what's to come. A special tribute to a life-long member and highlighting some of the events the ACT Branch has hosted. Plus more!
Please join us to find out how to take part in the way forward within the ACT Branch and in shaping its future.
Now is the time to nominate yourself or a colleague in the profession's most prestigious awards!
The National Excellence Awards will acknowledge social workers who exemplify the best of the profession's values, achievements and accomplishments. We know our members are doing groundbreaking and vital work with vulnerable Australians. You are at the forefront of addressing society's most pressing issues.
Submit nominations by Friday, 22 October 2021 at 5.00pm AEDT.
Branch Management Committee - Vacancies
Can you spare a few hours a month towards influencing Social Work in the Australian Capital Territory?
We are currently seeking pro-active, passionate AASW members to fill vacancies on the ACT Branch Management Committee (BMC).
What the BMC do:
Planning activities of the ACT Branch:
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key ACT issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
What is involved:
- you must be a member of the AASW
- the BMC meets once a month on a Wednesday from 5.30pm - 6.30pm via Zoom
- if you have an area of interest or expertise you may be asked to represent the AASW ACT Branch to help advocate Social Work by assisting in writing a submission or sit on a working party
- even if you are not available now to offer your interest to the BMC there are several positions becoming vacant in November at the ACT AMM you may like to consider volunteering.
If you wish to discuss your interest please contact the ACT Branch via email.
Branch Quick Links
- ACT pre-budget questionnaire details (78.6 kB)
ACT Branch Services Coordinator
Connect with us on:
4th November 2021
Saturday, 6 Nov 2021
16 November 2021
Saturday, 20 November 2021
1 December 2021