Applicants with international social work qualifications
Applicants may apply for:
- International Qualifications Assessment for migration purposes - use application form 1.
- International Qualifications Assessment for employment purposes in Australia (i.e. AASW membership eligibility) - use application form 1.
*OPTIONAL additional service: Assessment of post-qualifying social work experience (a Skilled Employment Assessment) can also be undertaken as part of an assessment for migration purposes, which the Department of Immigration and Border Protection may use to award additional points. Please see page 19 of application form 1.
- Applicants may apply for all, or a combination of, the above assessments using the one application form.
- Application for assessment for migration and employment (AASW membership eligibility) purposes can be made simultaneously for the one fee.
- Applicants who receive a successful AASW membership eligibility assessment after 1 July 2013 are eligible for free AASW membership for the remainder of the Australian financial year (which runs from 1 July through to 30 June) in which their assessment was undertaken, and the reduced fee for 2 years from the date of their assessment outcome.
- An additional fee applies for Skilled Employment Assessment. Access the fee schedule here.
The AASW has developed Country Assessment Guidelines which provide applicants with an indication of the likelihood of a positive outcome for migration or AASW membership eligibility purposes following completion of an overseas social work qualification. Currently, the guidelines include information about 12 countries.