AASW is establishing two National Advisory Panels(NAPs) for the following areas:
- Mental Health Reform
The purpose of the NAPs is to provide expertise, leadership, and strategic focus on key issues that the AASW is engaged in to further the social policy and advocacy priorities of the Association, and the profession of social work.
AASW staff will draw on the advice and expertise of the Panel members to inform their responses and actions on key activities, and appointment will be for six months with possible extension, depending on continuing priorities and activities.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced members for membership of these NAPs.
Criteria for members includes:
- Representation from members based on geographic location (ie State/Territory, rural/remote etc)
- Representation from social workers employed by agencies with significant practice-based experience relevant to the focus of the Panel
- Representation from social workers with relevant expertise
- It would also be desirable for candidates to have experience in research and policy development and analysis.
In addition, candidates should be a current financial member of AASW, and have been a member for at least 12 months.
Expressions of Interest should include:
- A brief summary of experience and expertise in the relevant area
- Demonstrated understanding of current government policy environment and directions
- Knowledge of the practice issues for social workers and outcomes for clients in the relevant area.
Terms of Reference, along with an Expression of Interest form are available or on website. Please submit your expression of interest to Debra Parnell email@example.com by Monday, 10 December 2018.