Mindfulness and Self Compassion 5 day workshop for professionals
|Date:||22-26 Sep 2019|
|CPD hrs:||32 Hours|
Early Bird: $790.00
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is about being present with connection and warmth during times of pain and struggles. During the program you will be introduced to over 25 practical strategies and simple tools to promote emotional strength, resilience, flexibility, acceptance and positive motivation that you can practice in your daily life and teach your clients. MSC is learning to ease difficult emotions, care for others compassionately and be more fully ourselves in our roles.
Participation in this program has been extraordinary; thousands of health professionals have attended similar workshops in America and Europe since 2013. MSC was developed by Christopher K. Germer, leader in the integration of compassion and psychotherapy and Kristin Neff, pioneering researcher in the field of self-compassion. In this one program, they have successfully integrated concepts and practices from Mindfulness(MBSR, MBCT, DBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassionate mind training + Compassion-Focused Therapy (CFT) and Cognitive Therapy (CBT) as well as Positive Psychology.
Rapidly expanding research shows that mindfulness and self-compassion are strongly associated with emotional well-being, lower levels of anxiety and depression, better healthy habits such as diet and exercise, more satisfying personal relationships and enhanced self-care.
Mindful Self-Compassion is an experiential journey, an adventure in self-discovery and self-kindness.
This program fulfills a prerequisite for becoming a MSC teacher.
At the end of the program you will be able to:
- Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the science of self-compassion and well-being
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease, acceptance and resilience
- Motivate yourself with understanding and kindness rather than harsh self-criticism
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage compassion fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
- Teach simple mindfulness and self-compassion practices to clients, patients and students
It is recommended (but not essential) to read one of following books before or during the program:
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself, by Kristin Neff
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion, by Christopher Germer
- The Compassionate mind by Paul Gilbert
Marie Bloomfield is a leader in teaching Mindfulness and Self-Compassion to professionals in Australia. She has been a registered Clinical Psychologist and Medicare provider since 1990, with extensive experience in the delivery of psychological services in mental health in the public, business, academic and private sectors.
In her work she combines Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy and Compassion- Focused Therapy for individual and group programs. Marie is one of the first teachers to be registered and accredited in Mindful Self-Compassion by the founders Chris Germer and Kristin Neff. Marie has presented over 25 MSC programs.
Location and date
14 Frances Street
Randwick NSW 2031
22-26 September 2019
9:00-5:00pm and on the last day finish at 1:00pm
Early Bird: (22 August) $790.00
Registration and other information