Vic Branch: Rural Remote Social Work Action Practice Group Tele-meeting
|Date:||11th December 2019|
|Time:||7:00 - 8:30pm|
|CPD hrs:||1.5 CPD hours|
Metaxia at Metaxia.Tsoukatos@familysafety.vic.gov.au or 0438 141 255 (after hours)
or email Rosanna at AASW Vic Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9320 1012 (during work hours)
The purpose Rural Remote Social Work Action Practice Group (RRSWAPG) is to:
- Increase the knowledge of rural practice social work issues
- Raise the consciousness of rurality as an issue in social work and service delivery to communities
- Undertake rural social work research to enable the group to effectively manage social, economic and political matters
- Have input, where feasible, into the teaching of rural social work issues in schools of social work and welfare study
- Enable Social Workers in the field to have access to the AASW (VIC) Branch Management Committee
- Raise and meet a range of matters which would require an AASW response
- Encourage professional development in rural areas by promoting further training for Social Workers and other human service workers that is accessible and relevant to their needs
- Share information about rural issues, training, relevant projects, and provide support to practitioners in rural settings
The RRSWAPG meetings are proudly organised by the RRSWAPG. To see more information or get involved visit the RRSWAPG web page
Who should attend?
Social workers, welfare workers and professionals in the human services area employed on a full-time, part-time or sessional basis in a rural setting or based organisation. Social workers employed in other areas with an interest in rural issues and social work students are also welcome.
If you would like to attend a meeting please contact Metaxia.
Teleconference details will provided by email after you register. If for some reason you need the details please contact the acting Convenor Metaxia or email AASW Vic Branch at email@example.com or phone 9320 1012 for the teleconference phone number and participant passcode. Note the AASW Vic Branch is not monitored after hours.
Register on the right hand side of this page.
No cost to attend.
1.5 CPD Hours. Category 2: Skills and Knowledge/Practice Group Discussions