Advanced Supervision Learning Program - commencing 12 September
|Date:||Commences 12 September 2022|
|CPD hrs:||20 hours|
|CPD Category:||2 - Skills and Knowledge|
Refer to listing
(03) 9320 1000
AASWs Advanced Supervision Learning Program was created in direct response to the recommendations from recent Coronial reports, Royal Commission reports and State Ombudsman reports, which highlighted the need for advanced supervision for frontline social workers and the lack of quality supervision training and support.
It is a 6-week evidence based Advanced Supervision Learning Program designed with a blended learning approach utilising self-paced eLearning, online collaborative workshops, facilitator led Masterclasses and Coaching Circles.
It is tailored to the family violence sector and facilitated by an expert with 16 years of family violence experience.
Kate Fraser, our Manager for Education and Training, speaks about the program in this short video:
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- apply their knowledge and skills in supervision to an advanced level
- explain the different purposes of supervisory relationships
- choose approaches to supervision that align with a supervisees learning style
- foster the professional development of supervisees through reflective practice
- create and protect a safe and reflective experience for supervisees
- compose a clear supervision provision statement
- self-evaluate current skills and deficits in supervision and plan for their own professional development.
20 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
AASW Credentials: Supervision (coming soon); Family violence
The overall program duration is 20 hours with a blended approach of eLearning, Facilitator Led Masterclasses, Coaching Circles and Collaborative Tool Workshops.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-qualifying experience relevant to family violence
- Provided supervision for at least 2 years
- Engaged in continuing professional development to ensure currency of knowledge in relevant fields of practice
- Engaged in their own supervision for at least 2 years as a commitment to professional practice
- Having a clear understanding of the contemporary professional and practice issues legislation and policy relating to family violence
- Provide Clinical Supervision while being the supervisees team leader hold a dual role
Abbey is an AASW registered Accredited Family Violence Social Worker, MSW. She has worked within the family violence sector for 16 years holding a range of roles including, working with victim/survivors and perpetrators.
Her career has predominately been within the Justice system and has also included crisis, therapeutic, education, and men’s behaviour change services. Abbey is currently employed as a ‘Specialist Family Violence Advisor,’ at Forensicare, supporting their MARAM alignment and workforce capacity building. She runs a private practice providing specialist family violence expert witness reports and supervision for practitioners in the family violence and sexual assault field.
Location and date
Commences: 12 September 2022
Concludes: 21 October 2022
This program is also running from 19 September to 28 October. If you would prefer to register for these dates, please click here: Learning program commencing 19 September
$1,200.00 (including GST)
*As this is a pilot program we are offering a reduced registration fee and will be asking for participant feedback so that we can continue to develop this important program.
Click submit on the right-hand side of this page to register.
Please note, registrations close 31 August 2022 at 5.00pm AEST.