Asia-Pacific Social Work Conference 2021: Social Work Education
|CPD hrs:||6.33 hours|
|CPD Category:||2 - Skills and Knowledge|
Refer to listing
AASW CPD Team
(03) 9320 1000
Presentation recordings from the 26th Asia-Pacific Regional Social Work Conference 2021
Recording 1: Social Work Education (1 hour)
- Study on the role of university faculty staff in community social work education in Japan: A proposal of 'SDGs Practice-Education Hybrid Model' Mariko Takeda, Tohoku University of Community Service & Science; Go Kamada, Tohoku University of Community Service & Science
- Covid-19 & BLM: Humanitarian contexts necessitating principles from First Nations world views in an Intercultural Social Work Curriculum Annie Townsend, La Trobe University Bendigo Campus; Mishel McMahon, La Trobe University Shepparton Campus
Recording 2: Social Work Education (1 hour)
- A qualitative study of social work students' perceptions of ecosocial work Peniche Reu, University of South Australia
- Social work & the Sustainable Development Goals: A student placement model Sebastian Cordoba, RMIT University
- Educating 21st century social workers for social & environmental justice Prue Atkins, La Trobe University; Fiona Smith, LaTrobe University
Recording 3: Social Work Education (49 minutes)
- Incorporating consideration of non-human animals within accredited Australian social work university education Ashleigh Dent, Griffith University; Angella Duvnjak, Australian Catholic University; Stephen Larmar, Griffith University
- Boxing-up education to support the easy but effective sharing of knowledge & skills through the Highlands & Lowlands of Papua New Guinea Mark Lynch, Griffith University; Jane Fowler, Griffith University
Recording 4: Social Work Education (1 hour)
- Professional identity development in international social work students in Australia: Preliminary findings from a longitudinal study Hui-Yu Yao, Monash University
- Simulation and Skills Development: Opportunities for Social Work Education in Australia Gerard Jefferies, University of the Sunshine Coast
Recording 5: Social Work Education (1 hour)
- Localisation and sustainability: outcomes, challenges and lessons from joint Chinese EU project to develop social work and social work education Steven Shardlow, Keele University;Juha Hämäläinen, University of Eastern Finland; Jie Lei, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China; Yuet Wah, Echo Yeung, University of Hertfordshire, UK; Tiina Annika Karoliina Ahonen, University of Eastern Finland; Prof. Honglin Chen
- Developing opportunities for partnering with graduates in sustainable growth whilst delivering higher education in Papua New Guinea Mark Lynch, Griffith University; Jane Fowler, Griffith University
- Social Work Education: Theoretical Knowledge and Field Work Practice in Nepal Sukrita Rai, Padmakanya Multiple Campus
Recording 6: APASWE Student Workshop (1.5 hours)
- Student experiences in social work education and field training during the COVID-19 pandemic
6.33 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
Method of delivery
Once you have registered for this recording, all online content is available to view at your convenience via the AASW online on-demand training platform.
Please ensure that your email address is accurate and updated when you register.
The recording duration is 6.33 hours.
This recording can be claimed for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
Members: $110.00 (including GST)
New Graduates, Retired and Student Members: $55.00 (including GST)
Non-members: $145.00 (including GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Click submit on the right-hand side of page to register.