> Events > Browse by Branch/Location > Asia-Pacific Social Work Conference 2021: Social Work Practice
Asia-Pacific Social Work Conference 2021: Social Work Practice
|CPD hrs:||4 hours|
|CPD Category:||2 - Skills and Knowledge|
Refer to listing
AASW CPD Team
(03) 9320 1000
Presentation recordings from the 26th Asia-Pacific Regional Social Work Conference 2021
Recording 1: Social Work Practice (1 hour)
- Australian Social Workers working in Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East: The characteristics of working within positive partnerships which contribute to facilitating local & indigenous professional social work service partnerships & practice prosperity Dayle Foreman, Australian Catholic University
- Together we make a difference: Participatory Community Development Practice Carmel Daveson
- Identifying good, social work practice with informal carers Maureen Long, La Trobe University; Margarita Frederico, La Trobe University
Recording 2: IFSW (1 hour)
- IFSW - Ethical challenges for social workers during Covid-19: A global perspective Prof Kim Strom, University of North Carolina, USA and Dr Michelle H.Y. Shum, Hong Kong Baptist University
- IFSW Europe New Social Workers Project Omar Mohamed, Co-Director of Project
Recording 3: Social Work Practice (1 hour)
- Queensland Social Workers during the 2020 lockdown: adaptation in crisis Michelle Newcomb, Queensland University of Technology; Alyssa Venning, Queensland University of Technology
- Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships for the Goals: The development of Social Work Professional Competency Framework, Accreditation and Credentialing Systems in Hong Kong Ching Man Lam, HKSWA; Amy CHOW, The University of Hong Kong
- Maintaining diversity in the social work profession - the increasing exclusion of people with lived experience of trauma and criminalisation in Australia and Aotearoa NZ Peter Young, Griffith University; Suzette Jackson, University of Auckland
- Supportive social work supervision as an act of care: a conceptual model Michelle Newcomb, Queensland University of Technology
Recording 4: Social Work Practice (1 hour)
- Negotiating neo-liberalism: The experiences, concerns, motivations and hopes of social workers in private practice Lyndal Sleep, University of Queensland; Joanne Cotterill, Choose Your Future Pty Ltd
- The practice of ‘Hope’: Social work and the SDGs Amrutha Sebastian K S S, IGNOU Study Center ST Michael’s College; Peter Jones, James Cook University
- Exploring the Indigenous Practice: Buddhist Social Work Josef Gohori, Shukutoku University
- Decolonising the counselling space to improve culturally sensitive practice Simangaliso Brenda (Brenda) Nyoni, Deakin University
4 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
Method of delivery
Once you have registered for this recording, all online content is available to view at your convenience via the AASW online on-demand training platform.
Please ensure that your email address is accurate and updated when you register.
The recording duration is 4 hours.
This recording can be claimed for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
Members: $110.00 (including GST)
New Graduates, Retired and Student Members: $55.00 (including GST)
Non-members: $145.00 (including GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Click submit on the right-hand side of page to register.