Building Resilience - Virtual workshop
|Date:||4 November 2021|
|CPD hrs:||3.5 hours|
Refer to listing
AASW CPD Team
(03) 9320 1000
We all need resilience to manage ourselves effectively through stress.
Stress is often inherent to social work with multiple challenges from casework, broken systems, vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout.
Building resilience is a skill that can be learned, practiced, and applied and is essential to any self-care plan.
This highly interactive, small-group session will introduce simple and easy to implement self-care skills and behaviours in a safe and supportive space.
The workshop will present practical resilience circuit breakers and strengthening activities, providing opportunities for personal exploration and supported practice of the techniques with personalised coaching.
Behavioural change strategies will be introduced to optimise long-term skill-building and maintenance.
3.5 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
AASW credential: Mental Health
Participants will be able to:
- Complete a strengths profile to consider their own values and priority strengths
- Understand the neuroscience of stress responses
- Implement techniques to develop resilient mindsets
- Invoke in-the-moment circuit breakers when responding to acute stress and adverse situations
- Develop their learned optimism by recognising and challenging their own explanatory styles and practising self-talk
- Self-assess key opportunities for developing resilience
- Build a picture of their own life balance across multiple dimensions to identify areas for focus
- Use ongoing techniques and practices to build happiness and resilience
Lisa is a highly experienced and versatile Professional Development Facilitator who assists organisations to create measurable, sustainable behaviour change.
Specialising in practical approaches with tangible skills and behaviours, her work focuses on personal and interpersonal skills: building emotional intelligence, communication, leadership, and self-management – for all levels of contributors and leaders. She is an accredited organisational coach including for several psychometrics, and has lectured in adult behaviour, development and workplace leadership for 25 years.
Her work spans across all types of organisations, industries and companies who all share a common need for people and teams to be optimally effective.
Lisa’s facilitation style is dynamic and insightful, and she encourages plenty of interaction. So be ready to fully participate throughout the program.
“Loved the vibrancy of the presenter, Lisa. Very engaging and useful content thankyou” - Building Resilience webinar participant, August 2021.
Location and date
4 November 2021
Members $282 (incl GST)
New Graduates, Retired and Student Members $220 (incl GST)
Non-members $320 (incl GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Click submit on the right-hand side of this page to register.
*Please note, registrations close 3 November 2021 at midnight.