Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group Meeting (Apr)
|Date:||27 Apr 2021|
|Time:||5.30 - 7.00pm|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
Guest Speaker/Topic: Una Window, AMHSW - BiPolar Affective Disorder: symptoms, treatment and relapse prevention
When: Tuesday 27 April 2020
Time: 5.30pm onwards
Where: Video/Teleconference (ZOOM) details will be emailed the day prior or day of/to the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group
Practice Groups are a way to share, increase and disseminate knowledge between social workers with a particular sphere of interest or regional base.
Key benefits of the Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group:
- Get connected with a group of peers who share your practice interests and/or geographical area.
- Contribute to social policy and social justice initiatives under the auspices of the professional association for social work.
- Resource sharing and access to evolving information in the field.
- Involvement in Practice Groups collects Category 3 CPD hours.
- Contribute to research activity and hear about what is happening in our area
- Work to address systemically issues arising for individual Mental Health Social Workers
What is the Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group?
The CMHPG provides a forum for social workers to network and participate in skill building processes. It is ideal for social workers currently working in the field of Mental Health or Clinical Social Work or those who are considering pursuing a career in this field of practice. The Group works to assist members to develop best practice and remain up to date with current trends in the field and in research.
What are the Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group's main activities?
The CMHPG bi-monthly meetings often host guest speakers with expertise in topical issues, we have networking events and when the opportunity arises we have larger events to cater to the needs of membership.
How can I get involved?
Membership is open to all Social Workers and students of Social Work.
Registration is FREE. Contact AASW (QLD) at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the CMHPG email listing.
Agendas and any papers for upcoming meetings are circulated to those who have registered for the meeting.
The practice group leadership includes
Georgia Hunt - (Chair) - email@example.com
Jessica Lambert - (Secretary) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Young - (Leadership Member)
Further Information on the Practice Group.