Compassion-Focused Therapy - Online
|Date:||5 August - 9 September 2021|
Refer to body of text
|Organiser:||Marie Bloomfield and John Julian|
COMPASSION-FOCUSED THERAPY (CFT) pioneered by Paul Gilbert, is a compelling clinical intervention in assisting clients dealing with a wide range of mental health problems.
Compassion-Focused Therapy is empirically validated as an effective therapeutic interventions to treat a variety of psychological disorders. It is especially helpful for clients who are experiencing a high level of self-criticism and shame, which have been found to exacerbate and maintain depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorders.
Cultivating compassion and self-compassion increase the capacities to engage in a supportive relationship and to foster emotions of safeness, contentment, belonging and connection which are core to psychological healing. Many therapists from a variety of training and approaches such as CBT, ACT, EMDR as well as many others, have added Compassion-Focused Therapy to their clinical repertoire to facilitate greater transformation in themselves and their clients.
- Bring into balance the three emotional systems including the threat system.
- Understand and make peace with the inner critic and ease shame
- Cultivate a compassionate voice to gain better motivation, courage and resilience
- Work with the multiple selves for more understanding, acceptance and integration
- Understand and practice the three flows of compassion including self-compassion
- Activate the care-giving affiliative system to develop self-compassionate responses to soothe, to ease difficult emotions
- Increase capacity to engage with distress to help clients more effectively.
- Understand case formulation and use worksheets
- Teach self-reflective exercises, meditations and visualisations to cultivate compassion and self-compassion
John Julian, Social Worker, and Marie Bloomfield, Clinical Psychologist have each over 40 years of experience in working in a variety of mental health public, academic and private sectors. In the last 11 years, they have used compassion-focused mode of therapies, such as Compassion-Focused Therapy and Mindful Self-Compassion. They are both leaders in teaching Mindfulness and Self-Compassion for health professionals in Australia.
Method of delivery and dates
Date: 5 August - 9 September 2021
Time: Thursday Evening 7:00-9:00 pm AEST (UTC +10)
Location: Event Online - Webinar
Early bird (prior to 22 July): $290.00
For more information: https://www.mindfulpath.com.au/courses/compassion-focused-therapy-online