Disability Practice Group (Apr)
|Date:||02 May 2019|
|Time:||10.00am - 11.00am|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
Please note this meeting has been postponed from 18 Apr 2019.
When: Thursday 02 May 2019 (10.00am - 11.00am)
Venue: Muscular Dystrophy Qld, 1149 Sandgate Rd, Nundah Qld 4012 - Map for Parking
Teleconference details will be emailed to you prior to the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Please note if calling in via mobile phone you will be charged the call rates of your telecommunication provider. Rates for dialling in via the local number or 1800 number will vary depending on your carrier.
DISABILITY PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a space to share, increase and disseminate knowledge across the Queensland Disability Sectors.
Specifically the group will:
- Advocate/lobby for the role of social work in the disability sector
- Advocate/lobby for service users in the disability sector
- Provide a peer support space for social workers in the disability sectors
- Provide a space for education and information sharing
- Provide a space for networking/bringing social workers together
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses and Strategies with the Queensland Branch as required
- Contribute to Queensland Branch strategic planning as required
Bi-monthly meeting schedule - 6 meetings per year - Feb, April, June, August, Oct & December
Lindell De Marte - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooke Kooymans - email@example.com
Open to all Social Workers.