Disability Practice Group (Apr)
|Date:||29 Apr 2021|
|Time:||5.30pm - 7.00pm|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
When: Thursday 29 April 2021 (5.30 - 7.00pm)
Where: Video/Teleconference details will be emailed the day prior or day of/to the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Topic: NDIS Independent Assessments is there an alternative?
Agenda: Agenda will be uploaded closer to the meeting date
Video/Teleconference Details – Participant
Video/Teleconference details will be emailed the day prior or day of the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Please note that the AASW will now be using the ZOOM platform for meetings. Please make yourself familiar with ZOOM prior to the meeting date and time.
You can access via your PC, laptop or smart device (download app) or you can join via a teleconference number. (similar to the previous platform)
Link following on how to access and join a ZOOM Meeting > https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
DISABILITY PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a space to share, increase and disseminate knowledge across the Queensland Disability Sectors.
Specifically the group will:
- Advocate/lobby for the role of social work in the disability sector
- Advocate/lobby for service users in the disability sector
- Provide a peer support space for social workers in the disability sectors
- Provide a space for education and information sharing
- Provide a space for networking/bringing social workers together
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses and Strategies with the Queensland Branch as required
- Contribute to Queensland Branch strategic planning as required
Bi-monthly meeting schedule - 5 meetings per year - Feb, April, June, August and October
Open to all Social Workers.