Disability Practice Group (Feb)
|Date:||27 Feb 2020|
|Time:||10.00am - 12.00am|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
When: Thursday 27 Feb 2020 (10.00am - 12.00am) - please note extended time.
Venue: Exceptional Bonds, 8/8 Chrome Street, Salisbury Qld 4107 Google Maps
Topic/Guest Speaker: Young people in Aged care - presented by Jo Pipe, Planner Supervisor - Aged Care Advisory Team, Complex Support Needs Branch
Service Delivery and Performance, National Disability Insurance Agency
Agenda: 27 February 2020
Video/Teleconference Details – Participant - Available for AASW Qld Branch Members Only
Video/Teleconference details will be emailed the day prior or day of/to the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Please note that the AASW will now be using the ZOOM platform for meetings. Please make yourself familiar with ZOOM prior to the meeting date and time.
You can access via your PC, laptop or smart device (download app) or you can join via a teleconference number. (similar to the previous platform)
Link following on how to access and join a ZOOM Meeting > https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
DISABILITY PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a space to share, increase and disseminate knowledge across the Queensland Disability Sectors.
Specifically the group will:
- Advocate/lobby for the role of social work in the disability sector
- Advocate/lobby for service users in the disability sector
- Provide a peer support space for social workers in the disability sectors
- Provide a space for education and information sharing
- Provide a space for networking/bringing social workers together
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses and Strategies with the Queensland Branch as required
- Contribute to Queensland Branch strategic planning as required
Bi-monthly meeting schedule - 5 meetings per year - Feb, April, June, August and Oct
Open to all Social Workers.