Disability Practice Group (Oct)
|Date:||31 Oct 2019|
|Time:||10.00am - 11.00am|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
Topic/ Presentation: Complexities with Children
- Briony Blackmur - case discussion on disability in early childhood and role of advocacy within this context.
- Discussion about challenging NDIS Plans - if not a good fit or if plan does not meet evidence needs.
When: Thursday 31 October 2019 (10.00am - 11.00am)
Venue: AASW Qld Branch Office, 5/43 Vanessa Blvd, Springwood Qld 4127
** Please note there is no on-site parking, however plenty of street parking on surrounding streets.
Agenda: 31 October 2019
Teleconference Details – Participant - Available for AASW Qld Branch Members Only
Teleconference details will be emailed to you prior to the meeting - please ensure you register to receive the details.
Please note if calling in via mobile phone you will be charged the call rates of your telecommunication provider. Rates for dialling in via the local number or 1800 number will vary depending on your carrier.
DISABILITY PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a space to share, increase and disseminate knowledge across the Queensland Disability Sectors.
Specifically the group will:
- Advocate/lobby for the role of social work in the disability sector
- Advocate/lobby for service users in the disability sector
- Provide a peer support space for social workers in the disability sectors
- Provide a space for education and information sharing
- Provide a space for networking/bringing social workers together
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses and Strategies with the Queensland Branch as required
- Contribute to Queensland Branch strategic planning as required
Bi-monthly meeting schedule - 6 meetings per year - Feb, April, June, August, Oct & December
Open to all Social Workers.