Mediation and Conflict Resolution Training
|Date:||11-12 June 2019|
AASW members $540
Non members $590
This interactive and stimulating 2 day course will assist professionals to explore conflict and impart the essential principles and process of mediation. The structured 5-step mediation model and specific conflict resolution skills will be presented and practiced. The course can be utilised in many different areas of conflict e.g. client work, workplace disputes and interpersonal conflict.
On completing the 2-day course, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors contributing to possible causes of conflict and barriers to resolution
- Identify the different levels of conflict and approaches to conflict situations
- Identify the conditions under which mediation is an appropriate intervention and how it differs from the counselling process
- Identify where mediation fits as an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process
- Identify the skills, qualities and attitudes that a mediator requires
- Identify the underlying concepts and principles of the mediation process
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the 5-stage mediation model
- Identify the various cultural considerations when mediating with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) or Indigenous communities / families
- Identify and demonstrate characteristics of a mindful mediator
Scott Dutton, is considered the most engaging, dynamic and innovative speaker & workshop facilitator in the conflict resolution field. He has 20 years+ experience - facilitating more than 500 workshops and training more than 15,000 professionals in the following areas: Conflict Intelligence™, Mindful Conflict™, Mediation, Negotiation, Emotional Intelligence, Difficult Conversations, Managing Challenging Behaviours, Conscious & Mindful Leadership, Workplace Culture, Group Facilitation & Presentation Skills. Scott has also mediated more than 200 formal mediation sessions in the areas of workplace, parent/ adolescent and family law conflict.
Scott has been awarded CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation - the highest level of international accreditation. He is one of Australia’s top 100 speaking professionals as certified by the Professional Speakers Australia (PSA) and is recognised by the Global Speakers Federation (GSF) as among the top 15% of professional speakers worldwide. Scott presents at conferences, forums and symposiums throughout Australia.
Scott’s qualifications include a BSW and BSc. (Psych. major). He is a member of the Professional Speakers Australia (PSA), the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), a Practitioner Member of the Australian Dispute Resolution Association (ADRA) and is a Nationally Accredited Mediator. Scott has also undertaken a Masters level short course in Conflict Coaching and a Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training. Scott has previously worked with a number of leading mediation agencies, as a co-ordinator/ mediator for two Reconnect programs, a training consultant in schools, a workplace consultant for EAP programs and as a conference convener for Juvenile Justice.
Scott facilitates training workshops and services for organisations throughout Australia, including: Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet – Indigenous Affairs Network, ATO, Anglicare, Family Relationship Services, NSW Ombudsman, Monash University, Magistrates Court of Tasmania, Melbourne City Mission, GrainCorp, Hotham Mission, Griffith University, Department of Justice & Attorney General, Red Cross & Fitzroy Basin Elders, Byron Youth Service, CatholicCare, City of Monash, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, Gold Coast Hospital, IPAR, Department of Family & Community Services, Roper Gulf Shire Council, St Vincent’s Hospital, Trinity Grammar School, Uniting and Wiley.
Locations and dates
11-12 June 2019
Price includes morning and afternoon tea and lunches on both days.
AASW members $540 (plus GST)
Non members $590 (plus GST)
Registration and other information