Mastering Group Supervision
|Date:||26 August 2020|
Refer to body of text
Mastering group supervision is designed for (but not limited to) social work, human services, health, education, counselling, human resources & other professionals wanting to grow their skills and confidence in facilitating a structured, ethical group supervision process so that it is a rich learning experience for all group participants. During the workshop participants are invited to work through their own supervision challenges in a group supervision context, and practice applying new tools through safe, affirming, purposeful and expertly guided experiential, didactic, peer-to-peer and self-reflective learning activities.
The workshop is offered in a high quality, hands on learning environment and provides full catering. Participants receive a comprehensive Learner Guide and a Course Certificate upon completion of the day.
At the end of the training, participants will learn:
- What group supervision is and is not
- When and when not to engage in group supervision, including different contexts & groups
- Strategies to effectively manage & interpret group dynamics to achieve positive outcomes
- How to facilitate ethical supervision, using frameworks & processes specifically tailored for groups
- The powerful role of facilitation, structure & norms of behaviour for group supervision
- Skills in applying reflective, coaching, narrative & appreciative inquiry frameworks with groups
- Strategies for engaging groups at different stages of their development
- What to do “when the group goes wrong”
- Key components of group supervision contracts and agreements
A minimum of 3 years practice experience; an understanding of what supervision is and familiarity with some supervision frameworks; having received or provided supervision for a minimum of 3 years; a preparedness to participate in and explore group processes as part of training.
Jane Wexler BA, BSW, MSW, MAASW (Acc), Acc. Exec. Coach, is the Founding Director of Jane Wexler Consulting, specializing in leadership development, supervision, executive coaching and education. Jane is highly regarded and widely sought after for her expertise and experience across diverse areas of human services, education, publishing, arts & entertainment, with private, government, community and not-for-profit organizations in Australia, China, Singapore, India and Asia Pacific. Jane's workshop delivery style is warm, engaging, and results focused. She delivers a powerful blend of effective and practical traditional supervision frameworks with an interest in Eastern philosophy and dissolving some of the boundaries between disciplines. Jane's supervision training consistently receives strong endorsements and high satisfaction levels from Australian and international course participants.
Date and location
26 August 2020 (rescheduled from July 2020)
The Larwill Studio
AASW members: $425.00 (excl. GST)
Non-members: $460.00 (excl. GST)