Mindfulness Practice for Self-care
|CPD hrs:||40 minutes|
Refer to listing
AASW CPD Team
(03) 9320 1000
Mindfulness is an evidence-based practice to build resilience, manage stress, anxiety and anger. Regular practice reduces personal reactivity to emotional stimuli and can be used as a therapeutic approach with various clients.
It is also an excellent tool for practitioner self-care.
This introductory program will provide an overview of the theory and benefits of mindful meditation and guide you through two practice sessions that will enable you to incorporate the practice into your daily routine.
Participants are encouraged to practice regularly for at least 30 days to feel the full benefits.
This course is comprised of three recordings:
- The introductory video should be viewed prior to the practice material as it provides the platform and overview on Mindful meditation practice - 19 minutes
- Sitting meditation (instructions and practice) - 15 minutes*
- Brief mindfulness practice – To incorporate into your daily routine - 4 minutes*
*Videos 2 and 3 can be used multiple times as you practice the skill.
Additional resources are provided.
40 minutes CPD attributable to AASW Mental Health credential (Focused Psychological Strategies).
- Improve their awareness and understanding of mindfulness practices.
- Practice the skill of Mindful meditation.
- Consider the benefits of incorporating mindfulness into their personal self-care strategy.
- Consider further training and development opportunities for the use of Mindful practice in client therapy.
Robert Quinlan B.A.,B.S.W., Dip. S.O. Hyp., M.A.A.S.W., M.H.S.W.(acc.)
Robert Quinlan has over 35 years experience as counsellor, psychotherapist and coach. He provides individual and group training and supervision. He works with evidence-based Mindfulness and other meditative based interventions including MBCT, ACT and Ericksonian approaches to change. He has conducted workshops nationally and internationally and enjoys helping people develop greater levels of mindful awareness and self-compassion.
Method of delivery
Once you have registered for this course, all online content is available to view at your convenience via the AASW online on-demand training platform.
Please ensure that your email address is accurate and updated when you register.
This course can be claimed for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
Members $35 (incl GST)
New Graduates, Retired and Student Members $20 (incl GST)
Non-members $45 (incl GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Click submit on the right-hand side of this page to register.