Social Workers in the Shoalhaven (SWITS) Practice Group Breakfast Meeting
|Date:||Tuesday 5 October 2021|
At own cost
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
1.5 CPD hours
Please join the Social Workers in the Shoalhaven (SWITS) Practice Group for our breakfast meeting.
1- What has kept you going in lockdown?
2- How are you managing the abundant 'zooms'?
3- What is working well?
4- What title would you give this chapter in your life?
We'd also like to hear about your workplace and any news/updates.
Date: Tuesday 5 October 2021
Venue: Online via Zoom
You are welcome to contact Naomi Spencer, Convenor, NSW AASW Vice President, at email@example.com for further details and offers to contribute. Glenn Krone kindly acts as a point of contact and information distributor. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
As facilitator you share about your workplace, research or other practice joys for twenty minutes or so. The meeting agenda includes a ‘round robin’, who you are and developments in your life/workplace. There are opportunities for advocacy and promotion of best practice knowledge and experiences.
- Collegial support
- Accruing CPD, continuing professional development, points
- Growing confidence and competence in professional social work identity and practice
- Promote the value and contribution of the profession
- Nurture opportunities for students with placements and mentoring
- Grow the AASW through this special interest group
- Advocacy, information sharing, research opportunities, etc
- Others. Let your imagination run wild…
All social workers and students are welcome to attend. This group is viewed as an important ‘stepping stone’ for SWITS members to membership of the AASW, the Australian Association of Social Workers. The group enjoys learning from, sharing with and supporting each other.