Social Workers Working in Partnerships in Private Practice & Organisations - Challenges & Opportunities - with Dr. Deb Absler
|CPD hrs:||3 hours|
This is a paid course - $149 for members, $79 for student members and $249 for non-members.
Working within collaborative partnerships is fundamental to providing responsive social work practice for service users across a range of sectors. Yet working collaboratively can be extremely challenging. This course will support social workers operating in private practice and organisational settings to develop and sustain their skills in cross-discipline partnerships and collaborative approaches.
This course is aimed at:
- Social work practitioners and managers employed by organisations which participate in cross-program and sector partnerships
- Social Workers working in private practice including those registered with Medicare.
This course will provide an opportunity to:
- Review the key theories, practice frameworks and research applied to working in collaborative approaches
- Explore the critical issues, challenges and dilemmas participants have faced working in collaborative cross program partnerships within their own practice
- Identify participants own areas of strength relating to working in partnerships while also identifying further areas for future development
- Provide practice examples of strategies for developing effective cross program partnerships and how to apply these frameworks, principles & guidelines to their own work setting
By the end of this course you will have a strengthened:
- Overview of key theories, practice frameworks, research findings and practice skills required for developing and sustaining cross program & sector partnerships
- Understanding of the principles, guidelines and elements of developing effective cross program partnerships including an overview of the skill base required for using collaborative approaches
- Be able to apply what has been covered in this course in your organisation setting or private practice
Dr Deborah Absler is a social worker with extensive experience as a clinician and senior manager in community mental health services for children, adolescents and families, local and intercountry adoption and working with the indigenous community. Throughout her 35 year social work career she has also been employed in tertiary social work education, service development and mental health policy and program development for the Victorian Department of Human Services.
Deborah is an Honorary Research Fellow with the Department of Social Work, The University of Melbourne. She operates a Social Work, Mental Health and Human Services Consultancy which provides program and service development and evaluation, organisational consultancy, practice research and project work, supervision, training and professional development. She specialises in cross program and sector partnerships, collaboration, teamwork building, specialist child and family work & mental health policy, program development and practice. She has worked with individuals and organisations across Mental Health, Health, Child and Family and NGO's at the Victorian and National levels.
The area of cross sectoral partnerships has been a long standing area of interest and commitment threading through her practice, research and consultancy practice. It was the focus of her PhD. She has been a long standing member of the AASW, holding positions at the Victorian and National levels and providing a range of consultancies for the AASW. She is passionate about promoting and championing best practice for social work and has developed this online training to support and strengthen social workers leadership role, as private practitioners and in organisations.
This course can count as 3 hours of CPD for AASW members.
This course can be claimed for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
$149 for members,
$79 for student members or
$249 for non-members.
Please select the register now button on the left hand side. You will receive email confirmation which will provide you with details as to how to access this course on SWOT.