Queensland Centre for Mental Health Learning - 20+ online and face-to-face workshops
|CPD hrs:||Refer to course listings|
Refer to listing
The Queensland Centre for Mental Health Learning (Learning Centre) is a Queensland Health based training provider, offering a range of education options to mental health professionals and other health professionals who are seeking core mental health education.
Situated in West Moreton Hospital and Health Service (HHS), the Learning Centre Clinical Educators travel around Queensland to deliver training. Since its establishment in 2006, the Learning Centre has continued to expand the range of training options, providing a series of face-to-face courses, a nationally accredited course, as well as a suite of eLearning courses and online resources.
The training courses aim to provide practical foundation knowledge for working with people experiencing mental health problems, as well as specific skills focusing on consumer safety and mental health recovery.
- 10120NAT Course in Observing and Documenting a Mental State Examination
- QC12 Supervising Supervisors
- QC2: Engage, Assess, Response to and Support Suicidal People
- QC3 Mental Health Educator Development
- QC4 Supervisor
- QC8 Best Practice Models of Supervision
- QC9 Critical Components of Risk Assessment and Management
- QC13 Capacity Assessment
- QC14 Mental Health Assessment
- QC19 Critical Components of Risk Assessment and Management – Refresher
- QC23 Forming the Therapeutic Alliance
- QC24 Working with Strengths in Recovery
- QC25 Suicide Risk Assessment and Management in Emergency Department Settings: train the trainer
- QC26 Evaluation of Risk - video conference delivery
- QC27 Group Facilitation in Therapeutic Contexts
- QC29 Reasoning and Rehabilitation for Youths and Adults with Mental Health Problems (R&R2 MHP)
- QC47 Employment for people with a mental illness: Understanding the individual placement and support model: eLearning course
- QC50 Suicide Risk Assessment and Management in Emergency Departments – Foundational
- QC51 Suicide Risk Assessment and Management in Emergency Departments - Advanced (eLearning modules from blended learning course)
- QC52: Cultural capability for mental health: eLearning
- QC81 CBTp Awareness - An Introductory Course in Positive Symptom Management for Psychosis; eLearning course
- QC31 Supporting a Suicidal Young Person
Find out more about these courses here.
Mode of delivery
These courses are delivered via face-to-face and elearrning modalities. Find out more about these courses here.
Content free of charge for QLD Health staff
Fees will apply under the following conditions:
- $250 per day - ALL non-Queensland Health Mental Health Service staff, all courses subsidised and un-subsidised (pro rata rates apply for half day and multi day courses).
- $90 per day – where Queensland Health Mental Health Service staff are attending un-subsidised courses.
Register for these courses, and access course details via the following link.