Skilful use of mindfulness in therapeutic work with clients & individual practice
|Date:||26th April 2018|
|Time:||9:00am to 4.30pm|
|Venue:||AASW Melbourne Office, VIC|
AASW Members: $ 150.00
Non-members: $ 190.00
|Organiser:||AASW Victorian Branch|
Rosanna Di Grazia
Phone: (03) 9320 1012
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
This workshop will enable participants to:
- Deepen their understanding of mindfulness as a fundamental support to mental health
- Engage in a range of mindful practises in session
- Explore mechanisms by which various practises relieve stress and increase insight
- Enhance capacity for the skilful and intentional use of practises to support specific aspects of therapeutic work through conceptual and experiential learning experiences
There will be also be opportunities for discussion of how the skills and knowledge developed during the workshop can be direct applied to client presentations.
Specific learning outcomes include:
- Knowledge of a range of mindfulness practises
- Ability to introduce the intention/rationale for using mindfulness into the therapeutic work
- Clear understanding of the means by which mindful practises support:
- Stress and emotional tolerance
- Stability, equanimity, calmness
- Skilful response to unhelpful, habitual patterns of thought or behaviour
- Self compassion
- Exploration of mindfulness as enriching the therapeutic relationship and supporting practitioners
- Conceptual understanding of the place of mindfulness in various therapeutic models
About the presenter
Gabrielle Perversi is a Clinical Psychologist with clinical, counselling and consulting experience; she has worked in substance abuse and addiction, rehabilitation and pain management, for government departments, in general counselling, and tertiary education settings.
She is experienced in the provision of psychotherapy, supervision, mindfulness practice and mindfulness training program's. She has offered mindfulness training in a university setting for the past 10 years. Gabrielle has completed the MBSR and MBCT Facilitator Training, and has also facilitated an Interpersonal Mindfulness Program.
The benefits of mindfulness to therapeutic change, to therapeutic relationships and to therapist wellbeing are known to her through research findings, and through personal and professional experience.
AASW Melbourne Office
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street, North Melbourne
Our venue is close to Flemington Road and near the Royal Women's and Royal Melbourne Hospitals.
Please note: We recommend travelling via public transport if possible. Our office is close to the CBD and a short walk from the Haymarket Walk/Elizabeth Street tram stop (trams 19 & 59) and the Grattan Street tram stop (trams 55 & 59). Parking in the area is generally on-street, metered parking and is limited. There are limited 2 hour free street parking spaces near-by in Courtney Street or metered 4 hour parking in Blackwood Street, Howard Street and surrounds.
There is also a parking facility at the VCCC building that offers safe car parking every day of the week from 6:00am to 9:00pm. Cost is $14 for 1-2 hours or $20.
There are facilities available outside the building to lock bikes.
6.5 CPD hours.
**FPS Relevant Activity**