Sunshine Coast Practice Group (Jun)
|Date:||11 Jun 2020|
|Venue:||Sunshine Coast, QLD|
|Organiser:||Sunshine Coast Practice Group|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
When: Thursday 11 June 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Agenda: Thursday 11 June 2020
Activity/Guest Presenter: Art Therapy for our Clients - Nicole Turschwell from Original self - The Art of You
Nicole has been a practicing art therapist for the past 8 years having trained in Sensorimotor Art Therapy with Cornelia Elbrecht. She also trained in Gestalt therapy and has worked as a counsellor for 20 years.
Nicole was Practice Lead and Senior Clinician with UnitingCare Community in Maroochydore for almost 10 years. She passionately brought art therapy interventions to team meetings, supervision, interagency meetings, client work and her own self care. After this Nicole went adventuring out to the remote Kimberley region in WA to work with WA Country Health in the Drug and Alcohol team. Here she worked primarily with the Indigenous community both bedside in the hospital setting, sitting on the ground with families and also facilitating community events in remote aboriginal communities.
Nicole returned to the Sunshine Coast last year to commence private practice. https://culturecoach.net.au/
Art Therapy as a Nervous System regulation tool: a creative trauma informed therapeutic approach for adults and children
Nicole will guide you through a creative art based experience from the comfort of your own space. This will give you a practical tool to use immediately with yourselves and your clients. We will follow up with an opportunity to ask questions about the process.
No Art skill is required. In preparation: for the session please have available;
- An A2 plain page sketch pad (A3 will also be adequate)
- Good quality wax crayons such as MICADOR or Mont Marte brand - you will find them at most discount stores in their art supply section.
- Additionally you might like to also invest in a set of chalk pastels - 48 pastels allows for a good selection of colour range for you and your clients to express themselves fully.
Venue: ZOOM - tele/videoconferencing - details will be sent those who have registered, on the day prior to the meeting.
SUNSHINE COAST PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a regular forum for social workers and social work students practicing in the Sunshine Coast region.
Specifically the group will:
- Promote the profession and strengthen the identity of social workers on the Sunshine Coast.
- Provide advocacy for relevant issues occurring in the Sunshine coast region.
- Facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information relevant to social work, and relevant to local area.
- Link with other professions and organisations in the local area through networking opportunities.
- Host or participate in annual community awareness groups such as (Mental Health Week, Social Work Day, Refuge Week, National Youth Week, International Day of People with Disability)
- Share information on upcoming professional development training in the local area.
- Supportive discussions on social work practice and work place reflections.
- Offer professional support and stimulus
- Provide a forum for the interchange of ideas
- Encourage guest speakers to attend meetings to further educate members.
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses, strategies and forums for Practice Group matters and link with national Company forums such as National Committees.
Convenor contact details:
Lauren May - firstname.lastname@example.org