Sunshine Coast Practice Group (Jun)
|Date:||11 Jun 2020|
|Venue:||Sunshine Coast, QLD|
|Organiser:||Sunshine Coast Practice Group|
When: Thursday 11 June 2020 - 6.00pm - 7.30pm
Venue: The Boarding Office, Suite 2, Level 1, 100-102 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba Qld 4557
**Please bring a plate to share.
Topic/ Guest Speakers: Art Therapy for our clients - Nicole Turschwell from Original Self - The Art of You.
SUNSHINE COAST PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a regular forum for social workers and social work students practicing in the Sunshine Coast region.
Specifically the group will:
- Promote the profession and strengthen the identity of social workers on the Sunshine Coast.
- Provide advocacy for relevant issues occurring in the Sunshine coast region.
- Facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information relevant to social work, and relevant to local area.
- Link with other professions and organisations in the local area through networking opportunities.
- Host or participate in annual community awareness groups such as (Mental Health Week, Social Work Day, Refuge Week, National Youth Week, International Day of People with Disability)
- Share information on upcoming professional development training in the local area.
- Supportive discussions on social work practice and work place reflections.
- Offer professional support and stimulus
- Provide a forum for the interchange of ideas
- Encourage guest speakers to attend meetings to further educate members.
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses, strategies and forums for Practice Group matters and link with national Company forums such as National Committees.
Convenor contact details:
Lauren May - firstname.lastname@example.org