Sunshine Coast Practice Group (Mar)
|Date:||12 Mar 2020|
|Time:||6.00pm - 8.00pm|
|Venue:||Sunshine Coast, QLD|
|Organiser:||Sunshine Coast Practice Group|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
When: Thursday 12 March 2020 - 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Venue: Caloundra Private Clinic, 96 Beerburrum St, Caloundra Qld 4551
**Please bring a plate to share.
Open discussion: Topic - Mental Health Accreditation and how to build a private practice - facilitated by Lauren May, Heidi Langley, Michelle Bowyer, Roxane Robotham and Eliza Pike
Leading tonight’s discussion will be four of our members who have first-hand experience in building a private practice. They will also be sharing their experience of applying for the AASW Mental Health Accreditation.
Supporting tonight’s discussion of the Mental Health Accreditation will be AASW representatives, Sofie Fabre, Manager for Professional Standards and Assessments and Glenda Lapsley, Team Leader Professional Standards & Assessments. Both Sofie and Glenda will join via tele/videoconferencing.
SUNSHINE COAST PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a regular forum for social workers and social work students practicing in the Sunshine Coast region.
Specifically the group will:
- Promote the profession and strengthen the identity of social workers on the Sunshine Coast.
- Provide advocacy for relevant issues occurring in the Sunshine coast region.
- Facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information relevant to social work, and relevant to local area.
- Link with other professions and organisations in the local area through networking opportunities.
- Host or participate in annual community awareness groups such as (Mental Health Week, Social Work Day, Refuge Week, National Youth Week, International Day of People with Disability)
- Share information on upcoming professional development training in the local area.
- Supportive discussions on social work practice and work place reflections.
- Offer professional support and stimulus
- Provide a forum for the interchange of ideas
- Encourage guest speakers to attend meetings to further educate members.
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses, strategies and forums for Practice Group matters and link with national Company forums such as National Committees.
Convenor contact details:
Lauren May - firstname.lastname@example.org