Sunshine Coast Practice Group (Oct)
|Date:||14 Oct 2021|
|Time:||6.00 - 8.00pm|
|Venue:||Sunshine Coast, QLD|
|Organiser:||Sunshine Coast Practice Group|
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
Join the Sunshine Coast Practice Group for their October meeting!
Topic/Discussion: Human Rights Commission - Presented by Caron Menashe, Senior Community Relations Officer, Qld Human Rights Commission
- Brief overview of the Human Rights Act 2019 (Qld) and who has obligations under it
- Some of the early impacts in Queensland
- The role of social workers under the Act
When: Thursday 14 October 2021 - 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Venue: VIa ZOOM - details will be sent to you on the day of the meeting.
Agenda: 14 October 2021
SUNSHINE COAST PRACTICE GROUP
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a regular forum for social workers and social work students practicing in the Sunshine Coast region.
Specifically the group will:
- Promote the profession and strengthen the identity of social workers on the Sunshine Coast.
- Provide advocacy for relevant issues occurring in the Sunshine coast region.
- Facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information relevant to social work, and relevant to local area.
- Link with other professions and organisations in the local area through networking opportunities.
- Host or participate in annual community awareness groups such as (Mental Health Week, Social Work Day, Refuge Week, National Youth Week, International Day of People with Disability)
- Share information on upcoming professional development training in the local area.
- Supportive discussions on social work practice and work place reflections.
- Offer professional support and stimulus
- Provide a forum for the interchange of ideas
- Encourage guest speakers to attend meetings to further educate members.
- Prioritise, develop, implement and advocate social policy responses, strategies and forums for Practice Group matters and link with national Company forums such as National Committees.
Convenor contact details: