Supervision & State of Being: Supervisor Training Level 2
|Date:||12-13 March 2020|
|Venue:||Melbourne Zoo, Parkville|
Refer to body of text
This workshop teaches participants how to deepen and expand their supervision skills to take their practice to a more advanced level. It combines the use of adult learning, strengths based and holistic approaches with highly practical supervision and leadership frameworks for individual and group supervision. During the workshop participants are invited to work through their own complex supervision challenges and practice applying new tools through safe, affirming, purposeful and expertly guided experiential, didactic, peer-to-peer and self-reflective learning activities. Participants receive a comprehensive Learner Guide and a Course Certificate upon completion of the two days.
The workshop is offered at the Melbourne Zoo, an exceptional learning environment that provides full catering and plenty of opportunity to enjoy and relax in beautiful surroundings, which we believe results in a higher quality and enriching experience for participants.
At the end of level 2, participants will be able to:
- Facilitate ethical, productive group supervision, using supervision frameworks and tools specifically tailored for supervision with groups
- Apply reflective learning, coaching, narrative, leadership and cultural supervision frameworks and tools to complex situations and conversations
- Deepen supervision relationships by incorporating State of Being and mindfulness approaches, and an understanding of leadership into their supervision practice
- Use effective frameworks for addressing difficult performance related issues
- Translate multiple intelligences into supervision practice
- Practice techniques to achieve presence and authenticity during supervision
- Set purposeful intentions for supervision
- More confidently manage multiple and more complex supervision challenges
- Effectively draw on and use the power of self talk in supervision
- Describe and build upon their unique style and strengths as a supervisor and leader
Supervision and State of Being Level 1 is not a pre-requisite for Level 2. However, participants are required to have some supervision experience behind them and have the foundational skills of a supervisor for this course.
Jane Wexler BA, BSW, MSW, MAASW (Acc), Acc. Exec. Coach, is the Founding Director of Jane Wexler Consulting, specializing in leadership development, supervision, executive coaching and education. Jane is highly regarded and widely sought after for her expertise and experience across human services, education, publishing, arts & entertainment, with private, government, community and not-for-profit organizations in Australia, China, Singapore, India and Asia Pacific. Jane's workshop delivery style is warm, engaging, and results focused. She delivers a powerful blend of effective and practical traditional supervision frameworks with an interest in Eastern philosophy and dissolving some of the boundaries between disciplines. Jane's supervision training consistently receives strong endorsements and high satisfaction levels from Australian and international course participants.
Location and dates
12-13 March 2020
9:00am - 4:00pm
Early Saver prior to 12 February 2020
AASW member discount: $995 (excl. GST);
Non-member: $1055 (excl. GST)
Full Fee prior to 3 March 2020
AASW member discount: $1055 (excl. GST);
Non-member: $1110 (excl. GST)
Or see the flyer for registration form