> Events > Browse by Branch/Location > Western Australia > The joyful brain - practical neuroscience based techniques to help your client rewire the brain and create lasting happiness, improve health, enhance job performance and create contentment
The joyful brain - practical neuroscience based techniques to help your client rewire the brain and create lasting happiness, improve health, enhance job performance and create contentment
|Date:||23rd Oct 2019|
Refer to body of text
This workshop will provide you with, backed up by research, science based exercises that will equip you with strategies you will be able to immediately introduce with your clients the very next day. You will learn a range of techniques that will allow your clients to change their daily habits, lift their moods, and fight anxiety or depression, regulate emotions and improve general health and wellbeing. Teach your clients how to choose happiness by adding simple habits into their daily routines - putting them in a long lasting and fulfilling state of mind. You will leave this workshop refreshed and feeling confident knowing that you can now promote new and healthy habits, lifestyles and attitudes that if implemented, will change your clients lives for good.
- Articulate the benefits of happiness to our physical health, emotional wellbeing, relationships and job performance
- Explain how the brain's negativity bias can lead to suffering, stress, and worry
- Summarise the notion of positive neuro-plasticity and learn specific methods for creating lasting changes in the brain
- Administer specific practices to cultivate gratitude, compassion, self compassion and connection - and understand how to integrate these practices effectively into treatment.
- Practice specific techniques to regulate the nervous system and stimulate the vagus nerve, to help promote feelings of peace, safety and calm
- Explore specific areas of the brain linked to positive emotional states and learn techniques to increase neuronal firing to these regions in order to creating lasting change.
Jonah Paquette, Psy.D., is a clinical psychologist, speaker, and author. He received his undergraduate degree from Columbia University, and completed his doctoral training at the Stanford University School of Medicine. He is the author of Real Happiness: Proven Paths for Contentment, Peace, and Well-Being, a research-based self-help book in which he distils the key findings in the fields of happiness, and offers user-friendly tools to achieve lasting well-being.
Location and date
Wollaston Conference Centre
23 October 2019
Early bird (available until 12 August): $338