Foundation for Trauma-informed Care and Practice (Level 1)
|Date:||31 August 2018|
Varied refer to body of text
|Organiser:||Blue Knot Foundation|
This training uses current research to provide a basic understanding of trauma, trauma dynamics and the core principles of trauma-informed practice, a strengths-based approach vital for every person working in health, human and legal services.
This training enables attendees to reformulate their daily work practice and ask: “What happened to you?” rather than “What is wrong with you?” and to ‘work with’ clients rather than ‘doing to’ them. It fosters client and staff safety and collaborative practice.
By participating in this professional development training, attendees will:
- Utilise knowledge of the types, prevalence and impacts of trauma to articulate the benefits of trauma-informed services
- Analyse the stress response to better understand clients’ challenges in regulating their emotions and arousal
- Use a trauma-informed lens to reframe challenging emotions and behaviours as ‘adaptive’ responses to trauma
- Apply the principles of trauma-informed practice to develop strategies which enhance safety, minimise re-traumatisation and support recovery
Venue and date
- Standard Price: $330/ticket
- Early bird price - $310/ticket
- Group (3 or More) - $300/ticket
p: 02 8920 3611