Trauma-Informed Care & Practice - Level 2
|Date:||Tuesday 16th October, 2018|
|Time:||9am to 4.30pm|
|Venue:||HOST International, Level 1, 31 Grose St, Parramatta|
02 9615 4005
- Event date has passed
- Registrations are closed
7.5 CPD hours
This one-day interactive professional development training builds on the principles of trauma-informed care and practice explored in the Trauma-informed Care and Practice Level 1 workshop.
The training will foster insights and skills needed to work relationally with trauma survivors. A relational approach highlights strategic connection and collaboration as building blocks for resilience and the development of self-regulation skills.
The training will equip participants with the knowledge and tools to create safe situations in the context of complex personal, interpersonal, and environmental influences. Skill development focuses on the particular experiences and needs of survivors, is evidence based, person-centred and practical.
The training will also explore participants’ roles in fostering sector development. This includes the use of psych- education to promote trauma-informed care and practice within their organisations, with sector partners and other stakeholders, including support people and families.y interactive professional development
Learning Outcomes Include
- Articulate the core principles of working relationally with trauma survivors to foster trust, connection, recovery and self determination
- Understand the impacts of developmental trauma to work collaboratively and effectively with trauma survivors and minimise re-traumatisation
- Critique historical approaches to working with trauma to better understand, support and respond to survivors' particular experiences and expressed needs
- Apply regulation and co-regulation strategies and skills to create safe situations which enable survivors to narrate their current experiences more effectively
- Workshop strategies for applying trauma-informed care and practice principles and psycho-education in a range of interpersonal, organisational and sectoral settings
A light lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided. Please inform AASW NSW of any dietary requirements at the time of registration.