Understanding Eating Disorders
Presented by Maria Ganci and Chantel Kleiner.
Join us for a series of 4 x 45 minute webinars that explore different aspects of eating disorders.
Webinar 1: Does my client have an eating disorder?
21 Oct 2020, 1pm-1:45pm (AEDT)
1. Learn how to screen for an eating disorder
2. Understand and screen for medical risks prior to providing treatment
3. Learn the additional areas to include when taking a comprehensive psychosocial assessment
4. Understand the importance of ensuring a team approach when treating eating disorders
Webinar 2: Therapeutic interventions in working with eating disorders
4 Nov 2020, 1pm-1:45pm (AEDT)
1. Develop an awareness of the current evidenced-based treatments for adults and adolescents recovering from an eating disorder.
2. Understand treatment goals specific to eating disorders.
Webinar 3: At school with an eating disorder
18 Nov 2020, 1pm-1:45pm (AEDT)
1. Explore ways to support young people with an eating disorder within an educational setting
2. Understand how to work collaboratively with a clinical treating team to support students recovering from an eating disorder
Webinar 4: Fat is not a feeling - language matters
2 Dec 2020, 1pm-1:45pm (AEDT)
1. Explore ways language can help or hinder in the treatment of eating disorders
2. Develop a more recovery-focussed narrative that can be used when talking to someone with an eating disorder.
Maria Ganci is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with a Masters in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and has over 30 years clinical experience working with children and adolescents.
The past 16 years have been devoted to specialising in Adolescent Eating Disorders both in the public and private sector. Maria currently works at the Royal Children’s Hospital Specialist Eating Disorder Clinic and holds the "Parent Education and Training" portfolio and is also a Faculty Member of The Training Institute for child & Adolescent Eating Disorders USA (www.train2treat4ed.com)
Maria is a Director of APT Therapeutic Solutions that provides treatment, resources, training, supervision and consultation on a national and international level in Adolescent and Parent Treatments for eating disorders.
Chantel Kleiner is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and Clinical Family Therapist. She is currently working in private practice at the Hope Family Clinic, and also within the public sector with the Monash Health Child and Adolescent Mental Health service, where she works with children and adolescents with acute psychiatric concerns, including eating disorders. Her experience in the field of eating disorders has spanned over the course of 10 years, where she has worked with both adults and adolescents, in various settings including inpatient, outpatient, and Day Programs.
Chantel commenced her career with a Bachelor of Education and spent 5 years working as a primary and secondary school teacher. This was followed by her Bachelor of Social Work where she worked in Youth and Family Services and Disability Services prior to embarking on a career in Child & Adolescent mental health services, and following her passion to work in the field of eating disorders.
Members $153 (incl GST)
New Graduates, Retired and Student Members $76.50 (incl GST)
Non-members $204 (incl GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Understanding Eating Disorders 'Does my client have an eating disorder?'
Understanding Eating Disorders 'Therapeutic interventions in working with eating disorders'
Understanding Eating Disorders 'At school with an eating disorder'
Understanding Eating Disorders 'Fat is not a feeling - Language Matters'
|Registrations Open:||28th Sep 2020 at 5:00 PM|
|Registrations Close:||21st Oct 2020 at 12:00 PM|
|Non-Member Price:||AU $ 204.00|