Information for the community
Welcome to the section of the AASW website for community members. This section contains important community information about the social work profession and social work practice in Australia.
Professional social workers have an important part to play in the Australian community in working with individuals, groups, communities and in influencing social policy.
On this page, you will find:
- Information about social work practice including what social workers do, the types of roles they may be employed in, and the kinds of issues they support people with.
- Information about social workers registered as Medicare Providers.
- A publicly accessible directory of social workers advertising their services.
- Information about how to recognise genuine, professionally qualified social workers.
- Information about the AASW's Ethics Complaints Process.