How to make an Ethics Complaint
Updated AASW Ethics Complaints Management Process
An updated and strengthened AASW Ethics Complaints Management Process (ECMP) became operational from 7 October 2020.
The core changes to the revised ECMP include the following:
- A broader remit to address low and mid-level allegations, as well as allegations of serious professional misconduct
- Provisions for mediation and early conciliation
- Strengthened processes to ensure more timely and effective management of complaints, including a newly appointed Ethics Council.
For further information:
- Refer to the updated AASW By-Laws on Ethics
- Review the Ethics Complaints Management Process flowchart
- AASW Code of Ethics (2020)
- Complaints and the Family Court
Making a Complaint
The AASW ECMP allows relevant persons to lodge complaints of professional misconduct against AASW members.
If you need further assistance with the Complaints Form
The AASW Ethics Office may provide further information about the complaints process.
However, the Ethics Office cannot provide advice or opinions regarding the potential jurisdiction or suitability of your complaint matter, or any information regarding the potential resolution or outcomes specific to your complaint.
The Ethics Complaints Team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 03 9320 1044.