Apply for AMHSW status
Please note: Applications for Accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker must be made using the criteria and application form which was updated in April 2019.
To apply for AMHSW status you need to provide the following evidence:
- Current membership of the AASW. If you are not yet a member, join now
- That you have met the Accredited Mental Health Social Worker Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements at the time of submission
- At least two years' (post-qualifying) supervised social work practice experience in mental health or related field within the past five years, and how this experience meets the standards outlined in AASW Practice Standards for Mental Health Social Workers 2014
- Current curriculum vitae
- A referee statement.
Before you apply
- Read the AMHSW application criteria
- View our responses to frequently asked questions
- Find out more about the assessment process
If these do not answer your questions, please contact the mental health team for more information.
How to apply
Applications for Accreditation as a Mental Health Social Worker must now be made on the criteria and application form and in accordance with the Practice Standards for Mental Health Social Workers.
If your AMHSW status has lapsed, please complete this form:
How to submit your application
To minimise processing delays, please ensure your application is complete before submitting it. Submit your application via email, post or online.
- Email your application and supporting documentation. Note: We cannot accept emails over 10 MB in size so, if required, please send your information in more than one email.
- Post your application and supporting documentation to:
AASW Mental Health Team
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital, VIC 3050
- Apply online