AASW NT is a lively branch with over 270 members, supported by a voluntary Branch Management Committee (BMC) elected by the membership, and staffed by a part time Branch Manager. AASW NT members are working across the Territory in government, community organisations and private practice.
We look forward to connecting with you!
Now is the time to nominate yourself or a colleague in the profession's most prestigious awards!
The National Excellence Awards will acknowledge social workers who exemplify the best of the profession's values, achievements and accomplishments. We know our members are doing groundbreaking and vital work with vulnerable Australians. You are at the forefront of addressing society's most pressing issues.
Submit nominations by Friday, 22 October 2021 at 5.00pm AEDT.
Branch Management Committee - Vacancies
Can you spare a few hours a month towards influencing Social Work in Northern Territory?
We are currently seeking pro-active, passionate AASW members to fill vacancies on the NT Branch Management Committee (BMC).
What the BMC do:
Planning activities of the NT Branch
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key NT issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
What is involved:
- you must be a member of the AASW
- the BMC meets once a month on a Wednesday from 5.30pm - 6.30pm via Zoom
- if you have an area of interest or expertise you may be asked to represent the AASW NT Branch to help advocate Social Work by assisting in writing a submission or sit on a working party
- even if you are not available now to offer your interest to the BMC there are several positions becoming vacant in October you may like to consider volunteering.
If you wish to discuss your interest please contact the NT Branch via email.
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Connect with us on
19 October 2021
20 October 2021
19th August - 27th October 2021
28 Oct 2021
Wednesday, 3 November 2021