AASW NT is a lively branch with over 270 members, supported by a voluntary Branch Management Committee (BMC) elected by the membership, and staffed by a part time Branch Manager. AASW NT members are working across the Territory in government, community organisations and private practice.
We look forward to connecting with you!
The Mary Moylan Award is an initiative of the NT Branch of the Australian Association of Social Workers. Through this Award we seek to commemorate and celebrate the life and work of Ms Mary Moylan by recognising the dedication and achievement of other Northern Territory Social Workers.
Nominations will be sought from individuals and employing agencies for the purpose of the selection of a social worker, whose exemplary practice has made a difference in their field of employment.
The Mary Moylan Award will be presented during the World Social Day celebrations. The NT Branch will be celebrating World Social Work Day on Friday, 18th March 2022.
Time: 5:30pm – 6:45pm | Venue: Government House, 29 The Esplanade, NT
Event Registrations: Register online asap - spaces are limited. Before registering, please ensure you are able to meet the following requirements: Government House events operate in accordance with the advice of the Chief Health Officer and it is a condition of entry that all guests and visitors attending Government House have proof of COVID-19 double vaccination. Guests and visitors will be required to sign in using the “Territory check in” QR Code.
The selected social worker will be presented with an award and $1,000 towards all travel-related costs (if required) to this event including professional development of their choice. Nominations can be made on the following form, and must address the selection criteria set out in the form.
Nominations close at 3:00pm Friday, 18th February 2022
Branch Management Committee - Vacancies
Can you spare a few hours a month towards influencing Social Work in Northern Territory?
We are currently seeking pro-active, passionate AASW members to fill vacancies on the NT Branch Management Committee (BMC).
What the BMC do:
Planning activities of the NT Branch
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key NT issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
What is involved:
- you must be a member of the AASW
- the BMC meets once a month on a Wednesday from 5.30pm - 6.30pm via Zoom
- if you have an area of interest or expertise you may be asked to represent the AASW NT Branch to help advocate Social Work by assisting in writing a submission or sit on a working party
- even if you are not available now to offer your interest to the BMC there are several positions becoming vacant in October you may like to consider volunteering.
If you wish to discuss your interest please contact the NT Branch via email.
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Connect with us on
15 February 2022
Friday, 18th March 2022