AASW NT is a lively branch with 245 members, supported by a voluntary Branch Management Committee (BMC) elected by the membership, and staffed by a part time Branch Manager. AASW NT members are working across the Territory in government, community organisations and private practice.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
NT Election 2020 - Policy Platform
The NT Branch Management Committee has been working closely with the Social Policy and Advocacy Team to prepare a Policy Platform, that has been provided to the Chief Minister and Opposition Leaders.
Please visit our webpage that outlines the steps we have undertaken and what you can do to participate.
Branch Management Committee - Vacancies
Can you spare a few hours a month towards influencing Social Work in Northern Territory?
We are currently seeking pro-active, passionate AASW members to fill vacancies on the NT Branch Management Committee (BMC).
What the BMC do:
Planning activities of the NT Branch
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key NT issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
What is involved:
- you must be a member of the AASW
- the BMC meets once a month on a Wednesday from 5.30pm - 6.30pm via Zoom
- if you have an area of interest or expertise you may be asked to represent the AASW NT Branch to help advocate Social Work by assisting in writing a submission or sit on a working party
- even if you are not available now to offer your interest to the BMC there are several positions becoming vacant in October you may like to consider volunteering.