Seeking expressions of interest: National Research Committee
We invite expressions of interest from AASW members to join the AASW National Research Committee. The Committee provides leadership, coordination and strategic focus in research that promotes the mission of the Australian Association of Social Workers. The committee’s purpose is to promote a culture of research within the profession and the association.
Role and responsibilities
Are you interested in:
- Working with social work colleagues who are passionate about social work research
- Contributing to the achievements of the committee through monthly teleconferenced meetings
- Reviewing and promoting opportunities for AASW members to participate in quality research projects
- Growing social work research capacity through initiatives such as AASW practitioner research grants
- Providing advice and recommendations to research applicants and the committee
- Representing and advocating for research at social work-related conferences and symposia.
The successful applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in social work research and/or evaluation
- Demonstrated capacity to assess research applications and grant applications to ensure they meet the standards of the AASW and that any research advertised is appropriate and relevant to our membership base
- High level communication skills and capacity to work effectively as a member of the National Research Committee
- Resident in Australia
- Current member of the AASW and record of continuous membership of the AASW over the previous 12 months.
The appointment is for an initial two-year term, with potential for renewal according to the Terms of Reference. The position requires a minimum commitment of 4 hours per month.
For more information, please email Vanessa Paparone, Secretariat of the National Research Committee firstname.lastname@example.org with your query and contact details to discuss the position.
How to apply
Send your expression of interest addressing the criteria and a copy of your curriculum vitae via email to Research@aasw.asn.au by COB Thursday, 18 April 2019.