AASW National Symposium 2017
The AASW 2017 National Symposium will be held from 30 November to 2 December in Hobart, Tasmania.
We are currently seeking abstracts from presenters and expressions of interest from higher degree social work students to participate in a research workshop.
Abstracts/Presenters expressions of interest
Research workshop expressions of interest
If you are a higher degree social work student (enrolled in a PhD, Doctorate of Social Work, or Masters of Research) and planning to attend the National Symposium, you're invited to express interest in participating in the Next Generation of Social Work Research workshop by 21 August.
Hosted by the AASW National Research Committee (NRC), the workshop will showcase the breadth of social work research currently underway and be an opportunity to meet other social work research students and NRC members.
National Symposium theme
Advocacy & social work: creating individual and social change.
- Advocacy in direct social work practice (Creating change in clinical practice, group work, community work and other forms of service delivery)
- Advocacy in research (Research and evaluation to improve practice, policy change and advocacy for individuals, groups and communities)
- Advocacy in social work education (Advocacy in social work education, including field placements and approaches to education delivery)
- Advocacy across systems (Policy practice, systems change, organisational leadership, change management, social, economic and political reform)
- 30 November: Registration, welcome reception and AASW Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- 1 December: Day 1 of the Symposium
- 2 December: Day 2 of the Symposium
Hotel Grand Chancellor
1 Davey Street
Hobart TAS 7000