World Social Work Day
AASW National President Professor Karen Healy AM message for World Social Work Day 2017
Social workers are committed to social justice, self-determination and human rights.
They are skilled, knowledgeable and specialise in issues related to social and emotional wellbeing. Working holistically with individuals, families and communities, social workers are passionate advocates for a more socially-just Australia. Join us in celebrating them this World Social Work Day, either at your local AASW Branch or in your workplace.
This poster provides a space to insert the details of your World Social Work Day event. You can do this by editing the PDF, if you have Adobe Acrobat, or by printing the poster and sticking on a label or writing the details by hand.
- 16 March: World Social Work Day 2017
- 17 March: Rosie Batty to join Victorian social workers at WSWD breakfast
- 17 March: SA Child Protection chief to talk at WSWD breakfast
- About AASW
- Find a social worker
- Social work scopes of practice
- Information for GPs
- World Social Work Day: International Federation of Social Work
- Membership presentation materials
World Social Work Day events
The AASW would like to thank its Branch Management Committee members and other volunteers for their role in the development and delivery of these World Social Work Day events. Their hard work and tireless commitment to the social work profession has made these events possible.