SA Branch Volunteering Opportunities
As a Member driven organisation the SA Branch is staffed by a small office team supporting a broad base of volunteers who make possible all the activities provided to Members. Volunteer roles in the Branch include:
- Committees / working party portfolios: 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- Event facilitation: up to 5 hours in the weeks leading up to an event
- Representation: regular participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly).
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Call or email us to find out more about joining our volunteers as part of these opportunities:
Committees / Working Parties
- Continuing Professional Development - workshop planning and occasional workshop hosting
- Students and New Graduates - quarterly meetings, university engagement and careers events
- SA Social Worker of the Year Awards, planning committee meetings, on-the-day support hosting nominees
- A range of practice areas - let us know your field of practice and we will match you up!
Are you eligible to volunteer?
Being self organised, passionate about the future of social work, an AASW Member, a team work approach and availability to help out is all you need to be an AASW SA volunteer!
What do we offer?
We will provide you with ongoing support to achieve the goals of your role. Just as we provide our existing volunteers consistent support and the right tools to make volunteering easy to do.
As part of your orientation you will meet your team, we will run through the tasks and expectations of the role, share information on the overall workings of the Branch and give you a Volunteer Tool-kit (also available online) with short easy to read policies, checklists and templates that to help keep track of what you do here.
Your positive experience as an AASW SA volunteer will include working along side experienced volunteers from a range of backgrounds who support each other and rightly have pride in their volunteer achievements.
Inquires / Key Contacts
Contact details for each of the Branch activities can be found on our Committees and Group Contacts page.
Mon & Tues - 9:00am – 2:30pm
22 May 2019
Tuesday 11 June 2019
Wednesday 19 June 2019