SA Branch Volunteering Opportunities
As a Member driven organisation the SA Branch is staffed by a small office team supporting a broad base of volunteers who make possible all the activities provided to Members. Volunteer roles in the Branch include:
- Planing activities of the branch
- joining committees / working parties for projects
- 1- 2 hours per week including a monthly meeting
- create the events you and your peers want to experience!
- Event facilitation
- hosting continuing professional development workshops or social policy consultations
- up to 5 hours across the last couple of weeks leading up to an event
- attend sessions for free learning and networking!
- raise the voice of social work by participation in agency / advisory meetings (usually monthly)
- gather input from members on key SA issues for our profession
- influence social policy discussions by contributing a voice of experience!
Volunteer week 2019
Are you eligible to volunteer?
Being self organised, passionate about the future of social work, an AASW Member, a team work approach and availability to help out is all you need to be an AASW SA volunteer!
What do we offer?
We will provide you with ongoing support to achieve the goals of your role. Just as we provide our existing volunteers consistent support and the right tools to make volunteering easy to do.
As part of your orientation you will meet your team, we will run through the tasks and expectations of the role, share information on the overall workings of the Branch and give you a Volunteer Tool-kit (also available online) with short easy to read policies, checklists and templates that to help keep track of what you do here.
Your positive experience as an AASW SA volunteer will include working along side experienced volunteers from a range of backgrounds who support each other and rightly have pride in their volunteer achievements.
Inquires / Key Contacts
Contact details for each of the Branch activities can be found on our Committees and Group Contacts page.
Mon & Tues - 9:00am – 2:30pm
Friday 26 July 2019
SA Legal Breakfast Series - 101: Understanding legal knowledge and principles for Social Workers - 31 July 2019
Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Wednesday, 18 Sept 2019
Wednesday, 4 December 2019
Wednesday, 19 February 2020
Wednesday, 6 May 2020