Barwon Social Work Practice Group (BSWPG)
Executive Committee Members
To provide a platform for social workers in the Geelong region to network and create an opportunity for Professional Development.
- Promoting AASW membership and the Social Work profession with the community
- Operate training programs and educational sessions for Social Workers in the Barwon Region
- Supporting Social Work Students and new Social Workers new to the area
- Fostering Social Work networking opportunities
- Maintaining an active link with universities and employers in providing support networks for Social Workers
- Media contact/liaison on Social Work issues in the local community with consultation with the AASW Victorian Branch
- Following through practice standards, supervision guidelines, feedback to AASW Branch Management Committee regarding local experiences and proposal of changes as needed
- Continued Professional Development activities and links with other Human Services organisations and other professional bodies and establishing a strong partnership to promote the Social Work profession
- Functioning as a peer group in which contemporary professional issues can be discussed
- Planning, developing and providing feedback to AASW and Barwon Region Social Work Practice Group on continuing Professional Development activities that encourages the development of Social Work in the Geelong region.
Open to all social workers in the Barwon Region (members and non-members of the AASW). No cost to join.
Membership Registration Form
Join the BSWPG
For those who aren't feeling well-connected in Geelong, this is a great opportunity to meet some like-minded professionals and build your network.
Contact the Convenor if you are interested in joining the BSWPG Committee and/or attending meetings.
If you would like to be added to to our current Email 'Distribution List' or have any questions please email BarwonRegionSWPG@aasw.asn.au or phone 0422 614 424.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Stay tuned - details will be posted here shortly!
28 November 2019
The BSWPG would love to take the opportunity to invite you all to our annual end of year celebration!
Little Creatures Geelong, from 5pm.
Everyone is welcome to come along. Food and drinks can be purchased on the night.
Please RSVP directly to BarwonRegionSWPG@aasw.asn.au
4 July 2019
Barwon Social Work Practice Group Networking Evening
19 March 2019
Annual World Social Work Day event, kindly run by Barwon Health and sponsored by Maurice Blackburn, Filming viewing of The Favourite at the Pivatonian Cinema
22 February 2018
Let's Talk About Sex workshop explaining how to talk to clients about sexual health and safety presented by Rochelle Hamilton
17 April 2018
The BRSWPG Annual Social Work Speed Networking Evening
20 June 2018
The Barwon Region's Response to Family Violence
30 October 2018
BRSWPG Special Event presented by Slater and Gordon Lawyers: Documentation, Report Writing and Attending Court
6 December 2017
End Year Catch Up at Wah Wah Gee in Geelong
20 September 2017
The BRSWPG Knowledge Workshop: Understanding Islam & Muslims With Guest Presenter, Gabrielle Fakhri
25 July 2017
BRSWPG Workshop: Narrative Reflective Peer Supervision
17 May 2017
21 March 2017
World Social Work Day Event, movie screening of "I, Daniel Blake", Pivotonian Cinema, South Geelong.
7 December 2016
BRSWPG Celebration and Network Dinner.
12 October 2016
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders and Mental Health: Why Standard Intervention Approaches Often Fail.Pres entation by Dr Kerryn Bagley.
9 August 2016
‘The Structural Violence of Poverty’ with special guest, Norah Hosken!
14 June 2016
Social Work Speed Networking
Barwon Region Social Work Practice Group Launch
About the Barwon Region
The Barwon sub-region includes the municipalities of Greater Geelong City Council, Borough of Queenscliffe, Colac Otway and Surf Coast Shires” - quoted from below website
The Below image encapsulates the above description of the Region aforementioned. The red, highlighted area is the Barwon Region.
Contact the Victorian Branch
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Parkville Vic 3050
T: 03 9320 1000
Connect with us on:
10 July 2020
13 July 2020
16 July 2020
22 July 2020
28 July 2020