Eating Disorder Social Work Practice group
If you're interesting in joining this group, or finding our a little more about what they do, you are welcome to make contact with the convenors:
Maria Ganci & Chantel Kleiner
The purpose of the practice group is to provide a forum to discuss and advance social work practice in the treatment and management of eating disorders in both the adult and child and adolescent population. Specifically, the group has been established to provide:
- A peer group in which contemporary professional issues regarding the treatment of eating disorders can be discussed and support provided to participants treating eating disorders.
- Allow participants to extend their knowledge in the area through peer cross-fertilization.
- Provide a forum for members to discuss the latest developments in the field and discuss particular areas of interest in the field.
- To provide a deeper sense of professional belonging within the AASW for members who work in this field.
- To increase awareness and enhance the profile of AASW social workers within the broader Australian eating disorder community and its organizations.
- To help make knowledge of eating disorders more accessible to people dealing with and managing an eating disorder in the wider community thereby improving community wellbeing.
- Plan, develop and provide advice to AASW on continuing professional development activities that encourages the development of the role of social work in the field of eating disorders.
Group meetings via Zoom
3rd Thursday of every month
18 June 7.00 - 8:00pm
16 July 7.00 - 8:00pm
20 August 7.00 - 8:00pm
17 September 7.00 - 8:00pm
15 October 7.00 - 8:00pm
19 November 7.00 - 8:00pm
Contact the Victorian Branch
Level 7, 14-20 Blackwood Street
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Parkville Vic 3050
Connect with us on:
Friday 6 August 2021
Monday 9 August 2021
Tuesday 10 Aug 2021
Wednesday 11 August 2021
Tuesday 24 August 2021