Work for us
- Full time 4 months
- $100k pro-rata package [including super]
Are you looking for a short-term contract with flexible work location? Consider this hybrid work from home and head office opportunity.
Reporting direct to the CFO, you will take the lead and have responsibility for management accounting support to departments in the annual budget process in line with the corporate strategy 2021-2023.
Your main focus will include the preparation of budget templates to enable departments to submit budget requests, consolidating information to build accurately from bottom up the overall group operating budget.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as the Corporate Services representative at budget department review meetings
- Develop budget packs and improve existing reports where necessary to enable departments to develop their budget (revenue, operating expenses, FTE)
- Develop and improve budget templates and reports where appropriate
- Review and analyse current and prior year’s trends when preparing budgets, be prepared to advise where necessary findings and/or recommendations to the department’s financial and non-financial managers
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Assist in the preparation of the draft statutory accounts report file ready for 2021-22 financial year, so that preliminary year to date financials can be input and validated correctly. This includes mapping the trial balance to the cash flow, balance sheet and P&L.
- Assist with the completion of the annual audited financial statements with Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”) and ensure management and statutory accounts have been prepared in accordance with relevant Accounting Standards eg. IFRS 16 Leases, IFRS Revenue from Contract with Customers
- Provide support to external auditors during the interim financial audit process.
Refer to the Position Description for a full list of responsibilities.
Key selection criteria:
Essential Technical Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business.
- CA or CPA qualification.
- At least four years’ experience in a similar role.
- Firm grasp and understanding of accounting principles
- Strong reconciliation/validation skills
- Attention to detail is essential
Desirable Technical Attributes
- Experienced in IT systems oversight
- Experienced in database systems (input & output) accounting principles
- SME Accounting experience
- Xero accounting experience
- PowerPoint an advantage
- Microsoft suite of products particularly MS Excel
Essential Individual Attributes
- Team based approach to leadership
- Able to handle periods of high workload, meet deadlines and tolerate pressure
- Professionally presented
- Willing to learn new skills
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on approach to problem solving skills, willing to get into details
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively with others
Desirable Individual Attributes
- Experience in team leadership
- Passion for participating in projects and process improvements
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
To be considered for this role, your application must include your current résumé and a brief response to the selection criteria listed above.
For more information or to request copy of the position description, please email: email@example.com
Applications close 4 February 2022
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?