Constitution Review 2019
The Association is proceeding with proposed changes to the Constitution in 2019. We are hosting a second live webinar for members with AASW National President Christine Craik and director Brooke Kooymans on Thursday, 2 May 2019 from 7.00pm top 7.30pm. Register today.
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019, a live webinar with National President Christine Craik and director Brooke Kooymans was held to discuss the changes with members. You can view the recording now. It is also on Facebook.
Members are invited to submit comments or questions to the AASW Company Secretary, Geoff Bennett, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on (03) 9320 1017. All feedback must be received by Monday, 18 March 2019 at 5.00pm AEDT.
A summary of the proposed changes to the Constitution are:
- To reduce the number of National Vice-Presidents from two to one
- To make sure that the start and the end of a director's term aligns with the date of the Annual General Meetings
- To reduce the consecutive time a director can serve on the Board from 12 years to nine
- To make sure that the Board committees formally address the areas of Finance, Risk, Ethics and Regulation
- To remove the ability of Board directors to appoint Alternate Directors
- To remove the Chairperson's casting vote - i.e. if the Board is tied, the motion does not pass
- To move rules regarding establishment and retirement of National Committees from the Constitution to the ByLaws.