CPD and credentials
Yes. You can renew membership until 30 June 2023 (do so in May if you’d like to take advantage of the early bird price). You have until 15 July 2023 to update your CPD tracker online and pay the credential fee.
Yes, you can. Our previous system required two separate transactions, but from 2023 onwards, you are able to pay both fees at once. Just make sure you have completed all CPD requirements prior to attempting to pay the credential fee.
You will need to complete all CPD requirements before you can renew your credential and pay the fee. You have until 15 July 2023 to update your CPD tracker online and pay the credential fee.
If you need to meet your Category 2 hours, check out our catalogue and enrol in an upcoming live online event, or on-demand content: https://my.aasw.asn.au/s/event-catalogue
If you need to meet your Category 3 hours, login to MyAASW, go to ‘Resources’ and select ‘Video’ under ‘Format’. Then watch and absorb the content!
We recommend creating a CPD Plan at the beginning of each financial year to ensure you are on track throughout the year to meet your CPD requirements.
Have a different question? Call the friendly AASW team on 03 9320 1000.
Important notice for members wanting to change their membership status
If you are changing your member status as part of renewing your membership you will need to:
Start the renewal process within MyAASW. You will need to starting the renewal process online to create a case the AASW Member Services team can refer to and follow up.
Contact AASW about providing evidence to support your change in member status (e.g. proof of graduation for student member changing to graduate member). You can email [email protected] or create an enquiry on the Messages page in MyAASW (Enquiry type: Member Services & Support)
MyAASW is the new home of AASW membership, it’s been updated to make finding your CPD records, certificates, resources and benefits easier.
2. select ‘Confirm Account’ and enter your AASW member number on the next screen
3. check your email inbox for a password reset link. (If you do not receive a password reset link please phone 03 9320 1000 for assistance).
4. choose a new secure password for your My AASW account, sign in and complete the welcome steps to renew your membership.
If you have already confirmed your account, you can dismiss the message or select ‘I Have Done This Already’.
If you do not receive a password reset link, please contact AASW on 03 9320 1000.
After the first time logging in, you can select the ‘Login’ button on the top right hand side of www.aasw.asn.au to be taken to the log in page to use your member number and password.
Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. You can make a one-off payment, or you can autorenew annually or in monthly, easy-to-manage instalments on the 26th of each month. Both methods will require a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. BPay and direct debit from bank accounts have been discontinued.
We understand that you may prefer a different payment method other than Visa and MasterCard credit or debit card. Currently, we don’t offer any other payment methods. If you would prefer not to use a credit card, many financial institutions offer Visa and MasterCard debit, where you use your own money.
We understand that it was convenient to be able to choose the day of the month your membership was deducted from your account. If you choose monthly autorenewal, the deduction will happen on the 26th of each month. For a full fee-paying member, this is around $60 per month. Just ensure that you have at least that amount available on your card on the 26th.
Autorenewal via credit or debit card will replace direct debit from bank accounts. The big advantage is that you will now be able to access the early bird discount each year if you pay via this method. This choice was not available under the previous direct debit arrangement.
This is the first increase to membership fees in five years. Over the last five years, the Association has adapted to provide more services that are accessible to all our members than ever before. There are costs associated with systems and services and the daily running of the Association. Inflationary pressures have affected costs across the board, including at AASW.
Our fees are still extremely competitive with our peers and include $20 million public liability and $20 million professional indemnity insurance.
If you are applying for member reduced fee membership, we ask that you provide evidence that are you earning under $62,608 per year. You can do this by providing your last two payslips. If you are self-employed, you can provide last year’s tax return with your tax file number redacted for security purposes.
If you are an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW) and you have applied for a Medicare Provider Number or Numbers, please complete the field on MyAASW informing us. This will assist us in advocacy, reporting and most vitally, the ability for us to maintain insurance coverage on your behalf.
We understand that circumstances may change, and you may need to cancel your membership with us. Please carefully review our membership cancellation policy outlined below.
- Annual Membership Cancellation: If you have paid for an annual membership upfront, a $100 administration fee will be deducted from the refund amount upon cancellation. The administration fee covers the costs associated with processing your membership cancellation request.
- Monthly Membership Cancellation: There is no administration fee applied for monthly memberships, and you can cancel your membership at any time immediately.
- Waiting Period for Cancellation: If you are subscribed to an annual membership or monthly membership and wish to cancel, a three-month waiting period is mandatory before the cancellation becomes effective. During this waiting period, you will continue to have access to all the benefits and services associated with your membership. After the waiting period, you can request cancellation, which will be processed accordingly.
- Cancellation Procedure: To cancel your membership, please follow these steps: a. Contact our customer service team via. b. Provide your full name, membership details, and reason for cancellation. c. If applicable, indicate whether you have paid annually or monthly. d. If you have paid annually, the $100 administration fee will be communicated to you during the cancellation process. e. For annual memberships, the three-month waiting period will be calculated from the date of your cancellation request. f. The cancellation will be finalised once the waiting period has elapsed, and no further charges will be incurred.
- Refunds: Refunds for membership cancellations will be processed according to the following guidelines: a. For annual memberships, a refund will be issued for the remaining unused months after deducting the administration fee, if applicable. b. For monthly memberships, no refund will be issued for the current month, but future charges will be stopped after the 3 month cancellation period.
Please note that this cancellation policy applies to all memberships type excluding Student Memberships.
We appreciate your understanding of our membership cancellation policy. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team for assistance