AASW Practitioner Research Grants
Our annual research grants
Practitioner based research provides an important contribution to the evidence and knowledge base of social work. The AASW is committed to promoting a culture of research within the profession; positioning the AASW as an important stakeholder in research and contributing to the development of the evidence base for social work practice and policy.
To contribute to and support social work research, the AASW awards, annually, a research grant of $5,000 to an AASW member/s to support a research project in an area of social work practice. This grant is available to social work practitioners who do not have direct links to formal research institutions, and who have limited access to research funding.
AASW Practitioner Research Grants 2019/20
The AASW invites applications for a competitive research grant of $5,000 from AASW member/s wishing to undertake a practice research project in an area of social work practice. There are two grants of $5000 on offer this year. We are interested in all areas of practitioner research and are particularly keen to receive applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social workers.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide support for practice based research
- Provide funding for progressing ideas that address emerging areas of practice and policy
- Facilitate and foster collaborative research, planning and development with a focus on supporting practitioner researchers
- Encourage the development of mentoring relationships between practitioners and academic researchers.
- First call for applications: Wednesday, 17 July 2019.
- Deadline for applications: Friday, 20 September 2019, 5.00pm AEST. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Successful applications announced by the end of November 2019.
- Research project commencement – January 2020.
- Funding will be available for 12 months. Additional funding will not be provided for extensions required to complete the project.