Empowering Excellence: Evidence-Based Relaxation Therapy and Psychoneuroimmunology with Dr Judy Lovas
|CPD hrs:||1.5 hours (part FPS)|
Refer to listing
This course comprises the following three modules in the areas of integrated mental health practice and evidence-based relaxation therapy, presented by the experienced and passionate presenter Dr Judy Lovas.
- Introduction to Relaxation Therapy and Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing Watch PREVIEW
- Introduction to Progressive Muscle Relaxation Watch PREVIEW
- Introduction to Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) Watch PREVIEW
This workshop is suited to a range of social workers and/or allied health/caring professionals, in particular those specialising in mental health and counselling practice, and/or integrated health (the the science of mind, body and health).
This introductory course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- The theoretical underpinnings of evidence-based relaxation therapies and PNI
- How to apply evidence-based relaxation therapies directly in therapeutic settings
Dr Judy Lovas offers engaging and expert presentations in the areas of Evidence-Based Relaxation Therapy and Psychoneuroimmunology. (PNI) Judy translates current research into clinical relevance and shares her passion for PNI, the science of mind, body and health. Her seminars demonstrate ways to implement relaxation into daily life for anxiety, pain, PTSD, depression, sleep disorders and chronic inflammation.
In tertiary education, Judy teaches psychology, relaxation therapy, Psychoneuroimmunology and Cellular Health. Judy has studied the effects of massage therapy on immune function and increased T and B cell function. Her PhD examined psychological and immunological outcomes of massage therapy and guided imagery on secondary conditions in people with spinal cord injury. Judy publishes articles and book chapters.
Sydney born and based, Judy Lovas speaks at conferences and travels Australia to present seminars in Evidence Based Relaxation Therapy and PNI to health and medical professionals. Between presentations, Judy regularly practices the art of relaxation with family and friends.
Method of delivery
Once you have registered for this course, all online content is available to view at your convenience via the AASW SWOT Platform.
Please ensure that your email address is accurate and updated when you register.
Total workshop duration is 1.5 hours. Additional hours can be claimed for CPD purposes to enable practice of relaxation exercises.
The following two modules can can be claimed as Focussed Psychological Strategies for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD requirements for Accredited Mental Health Social Workers.
- Introduction to Progressive Muscle Relaxation (20 min)
- Introduction to Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing (40 min)
- Register for this course by following the link to the right
- Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing all access instructions.
For further information regarding the Empowering Excellence Program, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.