Credentialing Program - Your Distinction
Your Distinction is the AASW’s credentialing program, increasing opportunities for members to gain recognition for specialised social work practice in a range of areas. The credential assures clients and their families, the Australian community, employers and funding bodies that accredited social workers have acquired a distinguished level of expertise in their field of practice.
AASW accreditation means Your Distinction in the social work sector, your area of expertise and your career journey.
You can apply now for the Family Violence and the Clinical social worker credentials.
Why should I become accredited?
There are many benefits from becoming accredited, including:
- Credentials are a symbol of quality and established competency
- Credentials are a sector indicator of achieved experience and capability
- Your Distinction – a credential establishes that you have achieved recognition in your field of practice
- Commitment to ongoing excellence – the credential demonstrates the currency of your skills and knowledge by setting a high standard of continuing professional development that validates your commitment to excellence
- A formalised community of practice and network of peers – through sharing of knowledge and experiences and delivering on best practice
- Continuing professional development opportunities – access to targeted training and development to support your professional development goals
- Peer and professional recognition – improved employment and leadership opportunities.
The new AASW credentials recognise specialised social work practice in the following areas:
Register your interest below to hear more as we develop further credentials
- Accredited Supervisor
- Accredited Disability Social Worker
- Accredited Aged Care Social Worker
- Accredited Child Protection Social Worker.
For further information, contact email@example.com