Creating Psychological Safety in Child Protection Supervision
|CPD hrs:||1.5 hours|
|CPD Category:||2 - Skills and Knowledge|
Refer to listing
AASW CPD Team
(03) 9320 1000
The AASW is delighted to be able to offer a new eLearning module - Creating Psychological Safety in Child Protection Supervision.
This module introduces the core concepts of psychological safety and how to apply them in supervision. It was created for child protection workers and explores the various challenges and needs inherent to this field. You will find practical tips that help you to embed psychological safety in your practice.
Who should register? This module is aimed at all supervisors within the child protection field with opportunities for new learning and consolidation of learning for the more experienced supervisors.
1.5 hours of CPD activity: Category 2, skills and knowledge
AASW Credential: Supervision (providing); Child protection
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the definition and function of Psychological Safety, Trust and Power Distance in a practice supervision context.
- List the underlying principles of psychological safety and trust and apply these concepts to the supervisory relationship.
- Apply the underlying principles of psychological safety and trust to create a 'safe space' for reflection and candid discussion to occur in supervision.
- List ways to provide a culturally safe environment for Aboriginal supervisees.
- Understand the concepts of vicarious trauma and vicarious resilience.
- Create a personal action plan which identifies ways to enhance your practice supervision.
Method of delivery
Once you have registered for this recording, all online content is available to view at your convenience via the AASW online on-demand training platform.
Please ensure that your email address is accurate and updated when you register.
Course duration is 1.5 hours.
This recording can be claimed for CPD purposes, consistent with the CPD Goals and Hours Requirements.
Find out more today about opportunities to have your specialised social work skills recognised.
Members: $149.00 (including GST)
Non-members: $224.00 (including GST)
To receive member prices please login to the member centre before proceeding with your purchase.
Click submit on the right-hand side of page to register.